• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for a 22 that's not a barrel breaker, or PCP.

Greetings from a very small patch of red in Washington State.
I've about gone blind viewing various reviews on youtube looking for an accurate 22 air rifle. I ended ordering a gamo swarm magnum 10x gen 3i and after a week sent it back. I could never get a group under 6" with it, had a lot of failure to load, and cocking was a real pain. I suspect the scope that came with it is the real problem. The PCP rifles look great, but I'm a 100 miles from any dive shop, and 6,000 psi nitrogen cylinders are spendy; Ditto good compressors. I'm' only after knocking down a few starlings, crows, or garden raiding rabbits, but I want to do it cleanly which means accuracy and enough power for clean kills.
The Diana 48 has my interest as does the Alpine PCP/Pumper. Diana looks to be a good product, not so much the Alpine in terms of lifespan.

So, I realize this is a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Fiat sort of truck question but what's your suggestion?
A 22 around the $500 and under that can be pumped up, or single stroked but not a break barrel.
I'd also like to stay away from anything coming out of China.

Thanks all, and have a safe and wonderful 4th!

Last edited:
Greetings from a very small patch of red in Washington State.
I've about gone blind viewing various reviews on youtube looking for an accurate 22 air rifle. I ended ordering a gamo swarm magnum 10x gen 3i and after a week sent it back. I could never get a group under 6" with it, had a lot of failure to load, and cocking was a real pain. I suspect the scope that came with it is the real problem. The PCP rifles look great, but I'm a 100 miles from any dive shop, and 6,000 psi nitrogen cylinders are spendy; Ditto good compressors. I'm' only after knocking down a few starlings, crows, or garden raiding rabbits, but I want to do it cleanly which means accuracy and enough power for clean kills.
The Diana 48 has my interest as does the Alpine PCP/Pumper. Diana looks to be a good product, not so much the Alpine in terms of lifespan.

So, I realize this is a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Fiat sort of truck question but what's your suggestion?
A 22 around the $500 and under that can be pumped up, or single stroked but not a break barrel.

Thanks all, and have a safe and wonderful 4th!
The D48 is an excellent rifle. Mine is very accurate, and I'd never part with it.

50? Double down!😅🤪🤙
Here's 2 shots🎯🎯

20230626_130028.jpg

Reactions: Headshots
I was kind of looking at them myself.
I debated that one or the dragonfly. Got a refurbished deal on the dragonfly so I went with that deal(and i had a coupon)🥴
362 will most likely be my next pumper....
Or another drifter that I can keep stock and go mod my current one more🤣

How about picking up an Umarex Notos pcp with a good quality hand pump? You’ll be able to take care of all your garden critters and plink to your hearts content. Plenty of folks on here that can vouch for what a handy little carbine it is.
Easy to pump up.
Very quiet.
Regulated.
Good accuracy.
And affordable.