• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Looking at the DRS classic

Somebody posted that their new one was leaking already.
I must have missed that one, the only complaints I've seen have to do with the fore-stock being movable and how loud it is! Where was it leaking from? I see a lot of posts from people that get new airguns with zero pressure in the tank complain they are leaking out the barrel. Most didn't cock the gun prior to filling it the first time.

I received an e-mail from Tom at HPP, his shipment arrived. Hopefully, he'll be shipping mine out on Monday!
Hopefully they dont use USPS!
I put a outgoing envelope (bill) in my mailbox on Tuesday afternoon, and raised the red flag...
Today is Saturday, and its still not been picked up.
No mail for me, for the past 3 days, maybe 4 if they dont pick it up today.
Very unusual.
Im not alone, as other locals are complaining.
Im not too concerned, although my outgoing letter (bill) is definately going to be late!

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Hopefully they dont use USPS!
I put a outgoing envelope (bill) in my mailbox on Tuesday afternoon, and raised the red flag...
Today is Saturday, and its still not been picked up.
No mail for me, for the past 3 days, maybe 4 if they dont pick it up today.
Very unusual.
Im not alone, as other locals are complaining.
Im not too concerned, although my outgoing letter (bill) is definately going to be late!
I emailed him immediately after paying for my preorder about the USPS thing. Said in no way shape or form do I want my new gun coming that route. He assured me they don’t. It’s just something that shows on the website. I guess it’s kinda like a picture of a grade 2 walnut when you’re actually not ordering that model.

This is really weird, I just went to the same site, looked at the same ad, looked at add'l info but the weight is no longer listed. I just saw it there less than an hour ago & now it's gone. Guess you can't advertise a gun as "light weight & easy-to-carry" if your weight shows 13 lbs! :ROFLMAO:
Was it coming with wheels?

Reactions: Gerry52
The small plenum and lack of ability to really add a bigger plenum, and yes I am talking about the biggest plenum being the small plenum, the plenum on the stock classic hardly counts as a plenum at 12cc. So the 66cc box plenum that the DRS pro comes with is less than half that of the panthera. I am really at a loss to why this DRS Pro even exists, its numbers are worse than the Panthera Hunter and comes in fewer calibers. To people really want a weaker panthera in an expensive MDT chassis all to get rid of a visible bottle? Or is the DRS trying to answer a question that nobody was asking?

If I was designing the DRS pro, the box magazine would just be an additional air tank and the plenum would be in the back like a buffer tube on AR except a little bit thinner, think about the Panthera plenums and how much smaller they could be if they did not lose the volume due to barrel being inside it. You would just have to build the MDT rear stock around that tube or box, I understand that they wanted to make it this way so that it required as little changes from MDT as possible but still. That way you would have been able to at least get to 150cc of air if not more in the plenum. You could have had a upwards facing guage for the regulator pressure, would have been very unintruisve and and you could have added an external rear facing wildcat syle powerwheel. If designed correctly it could hhve even dropped into the Chassis with minimal disruption, all be it that portion of the rear stock would be slightly thicker. If that was the gun that the DRS pro was, then, maybe it would be worth nearly 3k to me

Well i for one is happy they gone back to this old reservoir around barrel, now it might not do squat for accuracy - durability but for me it look better.
My only regret is i can not prove that i asked FX to maybe do that like 4-5 years ago.
Is it not a 1000 USD rifle ? or maybe you are looking at the PRO model.

They also make much better wheels today than they did back between the two wars, but in general sure they are both round things made in black rubber.
It is pretty hard to beat design, even if a lot of people have tried.

On my last bicycle in 1989 or so, i did appreciate the kevlar reinforced wheels, CUZ drunk losers in town would brak glass all over the GD place, so my tires looked like they had ben put thru a shredder, but they still had air in them.
In the 7 month before that bike was stolen too, not a single tire repair as i recall and i did after all log 4500 km on that bike,,,,, much of it traversing downtown with the glass problem.

Well i for one is happy they gone back to this old reservoir around barrel, now it might not do squat for accuracy - durability but for me it look better.
My only regret is i can not prove that i asked FX to maybe do that like 4-5 years ago.
Is it not a 1000 USD rifle ? or maybe you are looking at the PRO model.

They also make much better wheels today than they did back between the two wars, but in general sure they are both round things made in black rubber.
It is pretty hard to beat design, even if a lot of people have tried.

On my last bicycle in 1989 or so, i did appreciate the kevlar reinforced wheels, CUZ drunk losers in town would brak glass all over the GD place, so my tires looked like they had ben put thru a shredder, but they still had air in them.
In the 7 month before that bike was stolen too, not a single tire repair as i recall and i did after all log 4500 km on that bike,,,,, much of it traversing downtown with the glass problem.
Sad state of affairs isn't it. I had a trek 7000, arguably the best frame they ever put out. After 8 years it was in need of updating so I spent a grand replacing forks, derailleur and adding disc brakes. Within 1 week it was stolen

Reactions: Peashooter

Screenshot_20240325_105741_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Airgun Al