• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking at RWS34 or any springer

Looking to get a decent Springer, was looking to get RWS 34 clone from Mike at flyingdragon. I own a pcp from him and its beyond accurate and I know all about who they are. My question is should I get one of these clones or save up and buy like a TX200 or LGV or something. I'm a PCP guy but I'd like to have a quality Springer. I have a beeman that's awesome but it eats scopes and that's a whole different thread lol. I want something new though and need opinions on what their experience is. 

I plan to use mainly for plinking and small game hunting. I usually shoot pcp so most of my trigger time will be here and there. I dont want high power just accurate. 

1530011237_7596990755b321e652a1a36.83931196_B25-500x228.gif

I have a rws 34 in 22 cal and love that gun. Easy to cock and extremely accurate. I would never get rid of it. Cant go wrong. I also have a TX200 in 177. Love it but it is very very heavy. Im a relatively strong guy but i cant shoot it off hand due to the weight. So for small game hunting ....no way for me. I was actually thinking of getting rid of it because I really only shoot my pcp now. I would go for the rws 34 if i was you. Much easier to handle. Good luck.

I absolutely love my LGV. It’s a 1/2” at 30 yards in .177. It is heavy, but that works to it’s advantage. It’s threaded and I have put a Donny FL Koi on it. Tamed it down to 12fpe. The barrel has positive locking mechanism that is solid like a tank. There is no concern with barrel droop and it’s easier to load than a fixed barrel. 
That being said, I’m looking forward to owning a TX200 in .22 when I can swing it. 

Check out the threads below. “What’s all the fuss about” was my research before I bought it. 

Good luck

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/intenseaty22s-walther-lgv-master-pro-177/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/lgv-what-is-all-the-fuss-about/

Lol ! I appreciate the feedback guys, the only reason I plan to buy a clone is because I enjoy Mikes items and he gives better customer service than anyone I have delt with. I asked a guy who owns an RWS if there is any difference in Mikes and he said not at all. To be honest I dont have to even have name brand as long as I can count on it and my experience with Mikes products is my Sentry is my ONLY pcp so far that hasn't broke yet and I shoot it relentlessly lol. I appreciate it guys I think Ill grab up a 34 but I saw guys saying they tamed it to 12ftlbs I would LOVE to have it at 12ftlbs is that easy to do or no? 

My PCPs are Kalibrgun and Taipan. Why? Because the dealer (Charlie Frear) is local to me and he has the absolute best customer service. So, yeah, I totally understand. 
Generally speaking, Sringers are not very hard to work on. Some less than others. The TX200 and the LGV are very easy. 
Look around for a Vortek or Jim Maccari kit for your specific gun. Check on YouTube for instructional videos on how to do it. 

Well if you like dealing with Mike ( I have for years) and it seems you like what power you can get,

grab an XS28M.

THE only magnum spring I have enjoyed shooting straight from Mike ( out of the box whatever) is the 28M. Outstanding trigger, it did NOT care how you held it, outstanding groups. Less "recoil" than a well tuned RWS48 , more power and a better trigger - than the T-05-, smooth easy cocking. Lot's of contradictions exposed shooting that rifle.

Looks darn nice in person also!

1530041595_1823424655b3294fb5ef4c7.12121731_28.jpg

I would also agree with the TX being a bit heavy for long hunts, havent tried the others mentioned.

You'll love a 28!

John

edit:

shot 15.9g JSB right at 900fps for 28+fpe and about the same firing as a stock 34.

Anything with Mikes full tune is good.

I've got two model 34's. One is pushing 27 years old and still shoots like new. Not knocking beeman tho. I got an off the shelf chinese beeman on a whim, and while it bucks too much for a scope to bepractical, is the open sight bargain of the century. Really made a believer out of me. I've been dead set on procuring one of their higher quality models ever since.