• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Looking at One Piece rests for 25M Benchrest ?

So I am now looking at One Piece rests for 25M benchrest. I currently shoot Thomas .177 BR rifles, on SEB front rests and protector rear bags... I don't wish to get rid of that setup, as it works pretty good. However I do want to try a one Piece rest and its potential, as I used to own and shoot pretty good with Unlimited class Centerfire BR rifles (Welsh, and Carstensen Rail guns).

In looking at common one piece rests, I see Randolph, Pappas, Hall, PQP and a couple others... What I do want to make sure I end up with is a true one piece, where the rear and front pivot together so the rifle doesn't get torqued in any way while steering left to right or up and down. Also, I think I'd be more apt to have thin soft type bags rather than Delrin sliders.

What are your thoughts?

So I am now looking at One Piece rests for 25M benchrest. I currently shoot Thomas .177 BR rifles, on SEB front rests and protector rear bags... I don't wish to get rid of that setup, as it works pretty good. However I do want to try a one Piece rest and its potential, as I used to own and shoot pretty good with Unlimited class Centerfire BR rifles (Welsh, and Carstensen Rail guns).

In looking at common one piece rests, I see Randolph, Pappas, Hall, PQP and a couple others... What I do want to make sure I end up with is a true one piece, where the rear and front pivot together so the rifle doesn't get torqued in any way while steering left to right or up and down. Also, I think I'd be more apt to have thin soft type bags rather than Delrin sliders.

What are your thoughts?
I don't see one piece rests as a valid piece of equipment in "shooting". In experimenting or testing they might be useful to eliminate or reduce shooter error but it is called shooting not trigger pulling. If it is offered as a seperate class that is fine, but to allow it within an existing shooting class I am against it. I am well aware of it in the powder bench game. If there is an Unlimited class there will be few shooters and few matches that shoot that class. I thought I was getting out of the craziness getting involved with airguns but I see I am wrong, lol. Just MY thoughts.

This is a nice Randolph feature. It allows better tuning.
7-1/2" adjustment range
1675125763783.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dgeesaman
The Pappas, Hall and PQP will not work because there is not the adjustment the Randolph has in the rear (see pic of Loufish ). The rifle in its earlier production state is not long enough. Some mods and yes can work. Cliff Arnold from Arnold Machine will make you a rest that has different slots in the rest that can be moved fore and aft. Wait time will be long.

What are your thoughts?
I have an Arnold on order. He will make it adjustable, if requested, for a small up-charge. Just be forewarned that it’s several months lead time.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio

What are your thoughts?
I am selling a one piece Randolph in pefect like new condition $860+ $0 shipping

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6145.jpg