• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking at buying my first PCP

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a compact PCP, that would be used to take small game. I've looked at the Hatsan jet, was wondering if anyone has one, and are there any issues with them? I also need a recommendation for a airgun compressor. I seen the yong heng is recommended frequently, but I'm not sure how to spot a fake. I'm open to suggestions, my budget would be $800-1000. Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a compact PCP, that would be used to take small game. I've looked at the Hatsan jet, was wondering if anyone has one, and are there any issues with them? I also need a recommendation for a airgun compressor. I seen the yong heng is recommended frequently, but I'm not sure how to spot a fake. I'm open to suggestions, my budget would be $800-1000. Thanks.
Contact Airgun Revisions - !

.22 is a perfect choice and you can hand pump it for a while until you have more resources

Last edited:
I have an Umarex Gauntlet and a Gauntlet 2, both in .25. I bought both through the classifieds here and both have been pretty good. Being ‘frugal’, okay, cheap, I have a Benjamin hand pump. It only took about 170 pumps to get over 2000 psi. Good exercise but I’m thinking about a compressor as a New Years present to myself. I also have a Benjamin Maximus that’s pretty good. It’s a .177 and has a smaller air tank but a good pest gun. Al three are well within your budget.

Rick H.

Reactions: Ratthead
I have an Umarex Gauntlet and a Gauntlet 2, both in .25. I bought both through the classifieds here and both have been pretty good. Being ‘frugal’, okay, cheap, I have a Benjamin hand pump. It only took about 170 pumps to get over 2000 psi. Good exercise but I’m thinking about a compressor as a New Years present to myself. I also have a Benjamin Maximus that’s pretty good. It’s a .177 and has a smaller air tank but a good pest gun. Al three are well within your budget.

Rick H.
Thanks Rick, was wondering about how many pumps, it would take with a hand pump.

Thanks Rick, was wondering about how many pumps, it would take with a hand pump.
Smaller reservoirs on the smaller PCPs require less pumps. For example, I pump 50 strokes into my Atomic XR for 30-33 shots. The amount of hand pumping will vary depending on the PCP.

Ratthead,
Authentic Yong Hengs are manufactured by YongyIheng Pneumatic Company as noted on the metal ID plate (pictured) attached to the side of compressor. No manufacturer listed, or a manufacturer not YongyIheng Pneumatic, is suspect. Problem is you don't get to see the ID plate until you unbox the compressor. Recently researched several eBay ads for Yong Heng compressors, scrolled down to specifications sheet, and found sellers, "Bestfactory01," and "NewStore,NewLife," listed "Yong Heng," as manufacturer. Customer negative reviews were few and didn't suggest scammers and high % positive ratings were also good signs.
IMG_20220306_111739.jpg
If replacing mine, I'd e-mail those sellers to verify YongyIheng Pneumatic Company is actual manufacturer, is so noted on ID plate, and what recourse I'd have if it isn't so. WM

Reactions: Ratthead
We shall pray for your soul as you head down into the purgatory that is the PCP Rabbit Hole® We are here to help.....occasionally.

Ratthead,
Authentic Yong Hengs are manufactured by YongyIheng Pneumatic Company as noted on the metal ID plate (pictured) attached to the side of compressor. No manufacturer listed, or a manufacturer not YongyIheng Pneumatic, is suspect. Problem is you don't get to see the ID plate until you unbox the compressor. Recently researched several eBay ads for Yong Heng compressors, scrolled down to specifications sheet, and found sellers, "Bestfactory01," and "NewStore,NewLife," listed "Yong Heng," as manufacturer. Customer negative reviews were few and didn't suggest scammers and high % positive ratings were also good signs.View attachment 417832 If replacing mine, I'd e-mail those sellers to verify YongyIheng Pneumatic Company is actual manufacturer, is so noted on ID plate, and what recourse I'd have if it isn't

Ratthead,
Authentic Yong Hengs are manufactured by YongyIheng Pneumatic Company as noted on the metal ID plate (pictured) attached to the side of compressor. No manufacturer listed, or a manufacturer not YongyIheng Pneumatic, is suspect. Problem is you don't get to see the ID plate until you unbox the compressor. Recently researched several eBay ads for Yong Heng compressors, scrolled down to specifications sheet, and found sellers, "Bestfactory01," and "NewStore,NewLife," listed "Yong Heng," as manufacturer. Customer negative reviews were few and didn't suggest scammers and high % positive ratings were also good signs.View attachment 417832 If replacing mine, I'd e-mail those sellers to verify YongyIheng Pneumatic Company is actual manufacturer, is so noted on ID plate, and what recourse I'd have if it isn't so. WM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
We shall pray for your soul as you head down into the purgatory that is the PCP Rabbit Hole® We are here to help.....occasionally.
Lol, thanks for the support.

This vendor seems to be decent and has some nice products. Skip the tank and fill the PCP directly will be easier on your budget. Youtube is your friend. Benjamin Marauder pistol is a great platform.