Longshot Hawk spotting scope camera?

Going to push this back to the top, I think I'm going to buy one and hope that my scope is good enough quality. I like that you can record your shooting from the tablet camera and super impose the target view (or so the videos claim). What I don't like is the low ratings on many of the reviews of the applications and talking about how it doesn't work on this or that device, or this or that function doesn't really work.

https://www.longshotcameras.com/collections/products/products/hawk

I was also looking at the SME remote cameras, but not sure my club will allow them and not sure I want to fool with one more large device to bring out shooting. The 300 yard Sight In was the model I was looking at. No mention of super imposing the target over the tablet camera.

https://www.shootingmadeeasy.com/target-camera-sight-in-edition/

Why super impose? I shoot by myself and it would be nice to see if I'm flinching, eyes closed, etc. Also if shooting some of the internet competitions you can show that you are actually shooting and see the hits. Just kind of neat to have that.

Let me know how it works out I need to record some target shots like this one I shot the other day with my Air Wolf at a 100 yards 

B3204B70-3603-4203-ACFE-1907BD3D1002.1651897864.jpeg

I know some of the quality is going to be from the quality of the scope, and mine is a cheapo. Just hoping it works good enough.

I'm going to say right now that the frame rate is going to bother me. If they haven't increased above the 10-15 frames per second, I'm going to score it mid level at best. No excuses for frame rate with the camera technology available in the last 5 years. Not asking for 4k resolution, just need at least 24 frames per second and should easily be able to deliver that over wifi.

The group measuring and recording through the tablet camera needs to work too, else it may go back again for a second open box round.

I think the SME at least has a decent frame rate. I think it can also score and measure. But I can not find a single reference to picture in picture with the tablet camera.

Got it today, need to charge it up and see how it works with my cheapo scope. It will be nice because as far as I know, more than one person can connect and watch at the same time. I'll test this. I'll look around through it later tonight after work.

The open box (probably customer return or show sample) looks brand new except the box, and who cares about the box.

Now I just need to get out to the range and do some shooting. New mods that need to be tested, new to me gun that needs to be tested, new battery mod on my FX chrony that needs to be tested, and now new camera that needs to be tested. Plus all the ammo that needs to be tested.

In short it is working, but some oddities. If you are looking at the longer range stuff, then the app is different (I think). There are some things I want to discuss with Longshot before I talk too much about this camera, I've noticed some "things" with the apps that I want to make certain I understand before I give a real user experience review. You won't find any real reviews on Youtube for the Hawk, watched them all and most were sent them for free and never bothered to do any more than a brief canned review.

For the longer range stuff, the SME look pretty good, and the 300 yard was on par for cost with what I paid for the open box Hawk. But let me upload a couple images of sitting at the table fiddling with this thing, need to export them out of the app and that will need to wait until after I have dinner.

Here are 2 images, one at 20x and focused about 30 yards and one at 60x focused about 75 yards. Both taken with the Long shot app.

image_file_name.1652403762.jpg

image_file_name_20220512205731812.1652403777.jpg

Keep in mind, this is a $60 scope. Also displayed on a Fire 10+ tablet attached to a keyboard. Need to see if I can flip the camera or if I really need to flip the tablet.

Here is one from the Targetvision app

20220512_180505.1652404041.png

Much sharper image and higher frame rate, but no superimpose with the device camera.

Finally took this out shooting... Unless you have a very good spotting scope, and unless you have one of the mythical tablets that work with this system, I suggest you give this a pass. We could sort of see hits at 25 yards, but it couldn't find them to mark them, probably from my low quality scope. At 50 yards on 60x magnification it was just worthless. And I was shooting 50 cal today, so nice big holes. With my eye on the scope, 357 holes at 50 yards are OK so I know that some part of the scope is working.

The refresh rate on the display makes this incredibly difficult to adjust on target, frustrating is a good word here. I did not record video because the mush produced was just aggravating. All in all this is a huge fail for me, and well past the return period. I'll have to ask around my club and see if anyone has a better spotting scope to try, but I'm not sure it is worth serious money when I could buy one of the other target cam systems for less.

Need to update this... I was fooling around with this system at home and noticed that the image was clear and bright before attaching to a scope. Frame rate was decent. I think part of what is happening is that my cheapo scope is too dark. This causes it to run in a lower frame rate to try and get decent exposure. If you have a decently bright spotting scope, you should be OK.

I also tried this on a rifle scope, the eye relief cause it to have a very smaller image circle.