Long range Rimfire VS airgun

If I could shoot .22lr in my backyard I would. I have a very accurate 1976 Marlin Glenfield model 60. Lighter than ANY airgun I have ever owned and pinpoint accurate well past 100 yards.

The longest pesting shot I have attempted and made successfully 3 times was at ~75-80 yrds using the Fortitude in my signature. Most pesting shots are less than 50 yards and the majority are less than 30 yards.

I shoot .177 pellets for a reason. Accurate at the shorter distances for most shots, relatively quiet (at lower fps especially) and safer in an urban environment.

.22lr, not so much...

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Was i talking about vudoo? I dont even know what the heck that is. I am talking about 22lr in general. They can smoke even $2000-3000 airguns. Last I check i can easily get a 22lr for under $300 that will out perform any pcp. Cause pcp are limited to the range. And when you take them out to 200 to 400 yard range they are no match. If the yard was 100 or under im sure the impact and wildcat would of smoked those 22lr. But they took the range beyond what airgun is designed for.
I must get easily confused. I read “Too bad the air rifle even the $2100 impact got smoked by a .22lr that probably got 1/4 the price. Lmao”. I should have known exactly what you just cleared up for me. Thank you for your patience and clearing that up.
my apology.