Long range Rimfire VS airgun

I haven't watched this, but I have an opinion. I have some very fine air rifles that shoot great at 50+ yards. I also had a couple of Calfee-built rimfire BR rifles. There is no comparison. The RF leaves the air rifle far behind. That said, if an air rifle barrel of correct dimensions is paired with a properly matching slug, I see no reason it could not be fully the equivalent of the rimfire.

I saw this video a few weeks ago and wonder if it’s an apples and oranges comparison. I was checking accuracy on my match 10/22 at 50 yards and finally found an ammo that this rifle likes. Got quarter sized groups without a problem. Just for fun I brought a Gauntlet in .25 and a Maximus in .22 and got groups as good or better. At least I didn’t have to pump up the 10/22, way too hot and humid for that.

Rick H.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Anyone else feel bad for Ted while watching this video? Seemed like nothing was going right for the poor guy.

All four of the guys in this video are top level marksmen, but what I got from the video wasn't so much that air rifles can or cannot shoot as well as rimfire, but rather all the time, money and tweaking that is involved to get an air rifle to shoot as well as an off the shelf rimfire. But we knew that already, didn't we?

Too bad the air rifle even the $2100 impact got smoked by a .22lr that probably got 1/4 the price. Lmao
Let me know when you can buy a Vudoo for $500 please. They cost over 5X that amount and in some cases 6X. If you want to go on the cheap you can get just a barreled action from them for just short off $2K. But then you have to add a trigger and a stock. Lmao

Reactions: qball
Let me know when you can buy a Vudoo for $500 please. They cost over 5X that amount and in some cases 6X. If you want to go on the cheap you can get just a barreled action from them for just short off $2K. But then you have to add a trigger and a stock. Lmao
Was i talking about vudoo? I dont even know what the heck that is. I am talking about 22lr in general. They can smoke even $2000-3000 airguns. Last I check i can easily get a 22lr for under $300 that will out perform any pcp. Cause pcp are limited to the range. And when you take them out to 200 to 400 yard range they are no match. If the yard was 100 or under im sure the impact and wildcat would of smoked those 22lr. But they took the range beyond what airgun is designed for.