• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Long-Range Air Pistols?

Stock always helps. Although, not sure if you want to steer clear of that. Adding weights to the gun can help. Bipod or shooting sticks can help. Making sure the tune is appropriate, along with overall balance of the gun. Excellent trigger is a must. Both those guns have a VERY GOOD trigger and can be tuned quite extensively.

Top one is a 1322 with the same trigger as both of yours. And a Tom west stock.

PSX_20230713_173252.jpg

Reactions: Gunnertrones
Stock always helps. Although, not sure if you want to steer clear of that. Adding weights to the gun can help. Bipod or shooting sticks can help. Making sure the tune is appropriate, along with overall balance of the gun. Excellent trigger is a must. Both those guns have a VERY GOOD trigger and can be tuned quite extensively.

Top one is a 1322 with the same trigger as both of yours. And a Tom west stock.

View attachment 384191
Once you add a stock, it is by definition, not a pistol.

Then I guess I have a collection of trasitioners/de-transitioners. I consider them pistols because that is what they started life as. Technically they would be carbines. A 1322 is a pistol. A brocock grand prix is a pistol. But now they have stocks. My pp800 even has a quick detach stock. 🤷‍♂️ they are pistols, yet they are not pistols. And all of them on any given month may have a pistol or rifle stock attached. Either way, adding a stock to a pistol is a great way of making it more stable for off-hand shots.

A unpopular alternative will be to just lighten the pistol.

An air weapon don't need to contain as much metal as a firearm, plus the ammo is pretty light. You don't need those bulky barrels and heavy elements, you can pretty much go with aluminium alloys, a thin barrel plus some poopty plastic and there you go, even on pcp we have light tanks like on the PP800/700 that I think are treathed thin steel. I'm pretty sure that you can go as low as 1lb on a pistol, is not that you need any weight to compensate any major recoil or have great structural resistance, I always think that the tendency of airguns to imitate firearms is unnecesary.

Will that aid on the aim?... if the alternative are those +15inch +6lb monstruosityes that they told us they are ''pistols'', yes, definitelly.

A thing you can also do, is use a tree as a suport point on your shoulder, or any thing on the enviorment to rest your forearms, will that aid your accuracy past the normal pistol ranges?... if you don't know much about shooting, yes, if you have a correct training, with a stance like crouch or weaver, you know how to use apnea and to press the trigger without any minor deviator on the gun itself, you probably don't need those tricks.

A rifle is more forgiving cause you got your shoulder to rest and align the thing, but a pistol need to be mastered and also you must know well your weapon, the break point of the trigger, it's resistence, an adapt your own grip.
If you don't master those, any red dot, scope, or even stupid laser, won't make any diference. As long as the barrel is straigh and your iron sights are well adjusted, you can have good results even with co2 crappy action plinkers.

If you want to shoot in ranges beyond the normal pistol distance, then go with a scope and put a detachable or foldable stock and transform you pistol to a micro-carbine.

Reactions: sscoyote
Long range is a relative term, but I'm taking air pistol shooting to 80 yards now. Successfully.

MPFT 80 bear.jpg

Ten shots from field target position (stool-and-bipod), 2.25" center-to-center group with my .22 Brocock Sniper rifle converted into a pistol/carbine convertible producing 28 foot pounds of muzzle energy. This group was shot with the pistol.

The convertible in carbine form-

BroCo Convertible.jpg

As pistol-

Sniper convertible pistol.jpg