Long distance shooting fun

So I had a "redneck/hillbilly" thought for a few days, and finally put it to use last night. Sorry I dont have pics yet, I am at work and no access to my cell phone. I took a normal Dr. Pepper bottle, rinsed it and let it dry. Added a tbl spoon of flour. I drilled the cap to accept an automotive valve stem, cheap to buy at any auto store. I used a small 12v tire pump and added air, maybe 10-15psi is all, just till the bottle got firm to squeeze. Shake it up to get the flower to suspend in the air. Sit it at XXX range and shoot it. They make a nice little bang, and the flour gives you a visual. My daughter and I had a blast last night doing this. Here is the amazon link to the valve stems I used. I will say they are not back yard friendly if you live in a close neighborhood, but out in the sticks where I live it is an absolute blast.

I bought the caps for the plastic bottles so that I can use a standard pump pin to inflate the bottle. I have the tire valve as well just never followed thru and shot any bottles. I bought dollar store chalk that I pulverized into powder. The plan was to put the chalk in the bottle, pressurize, shoot.... BANG / POOF lol
@blacksmith304 I'm surprised it worked with such low PSI. I remember watching some videos quite a while ago and I thought the bottles needed more pressure... but... it's been a while. Maybe I'll get around to it this year!! I also bought some Firebird exploding targets that I can't wait to try.

I bought the caps for the plastic bottles so that I can use a standard pump pin to inflate the bottle. I have the tire valve as well just never followed thru and shot any bottles. I bought dollar store chalk that I pulverized into powder. The plan was to put the chalk in the bottle, pressurize, shoot.... BANG / POOF lol
@blacksmith304 I'm surprised it worked with such low PSI. I remember watching some videos quite a while ago and I thought the bottles needed more pressure... but... it's been a while. Maybe I'll get around to it this year!! I also bought some Firebird exploding targets that I can't wait to try.
Honestly i have no idea how much pressure was in them. I just added air till the bottle was tight.

Reactions: scottg0814
I also bought a set of the Umarex big bang caps.
It says 80psi.
I have a little m18 inflator and I tryed one out in my yard.
Now, I live at the edge of a small town. It Is fairly rual.

I got my neighbor and set one up, pressurized it a took a shot.
It blew LOUD.
My neighbor looked at me and said
"I'm going to go inside"🤣
Hahaha!! It was too funny.
Lots fun, but also very loud.

Reactions: blacksmith304
I purchased "blast caps" and used them on 2 liter bottles. Pressurized to 135 psi, they are very loud. (supposedly soda bottles are rated to 175 psi) I have a video somewhere shooting one under about a foot of powdery snow. Try hanging one near a bird feeder. Then when a thieving squirrel shows up shoot the bottle and watch mr. squirrel jump.

Reactions: blacksmith304