• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Long distance shooting equivalent of a hole-in-one

I thought I must share this.

It’s taken me two years of fine tuning me and my Steyr LG110 5.5mm to shoot 1 inch groups at 100m. And many, many, many practice sessions. And then on Sunday the impossible happened. Two amazing groups at 115m! Only 3 shots per group though and there was absolutely no wind. Could not repeat it later. Hole in one stuff. Shot the bottom group first, clicked up had coffee, and then shot the second group. 

Aim point was the pellet impact point where the end of the rope is pointing to. The trigger on the Steyr plays a huge part in the accuracy of these long distance shots. And a good quality scope that tracks consistently. 

It’s highly addictive, shooting gongs at these distances. What I really enjoy is the time lapse between the shot and the pellet striking the gong. I can do this for hours. 

I hope the image will show. I’m a new member and have not done this before. 

7736f1e5-88d6-45df-8395-1e439d681496

Yes the maddening thing about shooting is trying to repeat. I've pretty given up chasing groups. I'll take the best I can get and accept that. It's also extremely hard to take the human error factor out of it. Lots of us have great difficulty shooting one inch groups even it we had a gun that could shoot one shot on top of the last. I'd love to be able to shoot at one hundred yard INDOORS just to see how well I could do under ideal conditions. LUCK is your best group tightener.