Loctite

Thread locking compounds are generally way over used. I seldom use it anywhere on an air rifle. My main application has been on very small screws that can't be securely tightened, as a trigger adjustment screw. It needs to stop and remain at a certain location, but can't be tightened against another surface. And most of those have sufficient friction to hold without anything on the threads. If this degassing screw can be snugged down (firm, not overly tight), I doubt if you need anything. 

Thread locking compounds are generally way over used. I seldom use it anywhere on an air rifle. My main application has been on very small screws that can't be securely tightened, as a trigger adjustment screw. It needs to stop and remain at a certain location, but can't be tightened against another surface. And most of those have sufficient friction to hold without anything on the threads. If this degassing screw can be snugged down (firm, not overly tight), I doubt if you need anything.

Springers? Agreed, not needed often on my PCPs.

Loctite should have nothing to do with it leaking air. Is there an O ring seal involved? None of my PCP rifles have any thread locking compound on the pressure gauge, inlet valve, or any threaded part that holds air in the plenum.

Hi 

As you say are all my airguns except one. There is always a first time and I want to fix the leak in such a way that I can use the degassing screw if I need it again without it getting so tightly sealed that it breaks when I loosen it, because its diameter is very small

Regards 

Enkey 

Enkey, what brand of rifle are we discussing? I've never had one that involved a degassing screw that required any type of thread locking compound. If it is a small screw with a small head, then any type of locking agent seems like a bad design, since it increases the possibility of stripping the head when trying to loosen. I have seen some pressure gauges that include a teflon tape covering on the threads, which helps seal without locking the threads. I wonder if something similar might have been on these threads? I have recently stripped a couple of small, 2 mm hex head screws, and they were simply over-tightened, no locking compound. 

Hi guys

I got the VC-3

IMG_20201002_105059.1601635703.jpg

One drop on the screw

IMG_20201002_110346.1601635744.jpg

IMG_20201002_110431.1601635852.jpg

Yes!!! it works the air leak is fixed

Thanks

Enkey