No need for ANY sealant, Loctite or Teflon. All are of no advantage. FX uses a clear sealant (not sure what) from the factory for the gauges and a PITA to scrape out.
After removing the FX gauge and X-ring, you will need a dental tool of sort, to work the residual sealant from the threads. I use Q-tip with alcohol to grab the scrapings and vacuum out the rest to make sure. Clean as a whistle.
Re-install the X-ring and screw in your new gauge just until it touches the X-ring and adjust the position to your liking. No more than 1 revolution is needed as the pressure of the fill will seal the gauge. No "extra" fuss or glue needed.

Patrick

I agree with 2L8, just the X ring seal is needed. I do keep a stash of o rings(can’t remember size) of a thick n thin variation to stack on top of the X ring if I need to orient a gage to my view liking and it either isn’t sealing on the x ring and another whole turn is too much(you can ruin the seal and/or not get a pressure reading if turned in too much).

For what it’s worth, sometimes a thin coat of silicone grease on the old X ring has helped give it more life sometimes, not always.

For those few times I’ve had to use a Teflon type of tape, I use the thick black type and I also use a thin coat of blue NYLOG over the Teflon tape. Nylog, which is a very popular o ring conditioner/thread sealant used in the HVAC industry, is very elastic. A small bugger size goob on your finger will stretch 3’. It doesn’t not harden, so disassembly is easy even years later, and it takes high heat well(like some of the temps refrigerant get to). I’ve used it on transmission line connections and I am guaranteed no leaks.