FX Lock this thread please- Discussed with Fredrik, there is no evidence of POI shift in FX barrel liner system

Do you follow any of the major long distance competitions, such as EBR and RMAC?
If so, did you happen to notice which brand consistanly ranks in the top 10, year, after year, after year?
To win a competition a gun has to be very accurate. But it only needs to maintain its POI for a card or for a practice session. Nobody here is saying they aren’t dead accurate guns.

Do you follow any of the major long distance competitions, such as EBR and RMAC?
If so, did you happen to notice which brand consistanly ranks in the top 10, year, after year, after year?

The vehicles that compete in the DAKAR race are not the same that I can buy from a dealer.

The guns used by sponsored shooters at high level competitions are definitely not the same that I buy from an airgun shop.

So, for the average person those high level competitions have zero significance of how my over the counter airgun will perform.

Sorry, your point is irrelevant to the average person buying an airgun from the average airgun retailer.

Unless you want to send me a bunch of barrels from a good batch so I can test them and pick the best one.

Give me a gun for a day riding around in my truck and shooting how I do and I can tell you which guns will have POI shift and which ones won't. It's different when people use a gun as a "range queen" and goes in and out of a case onto a bench and thats it. Mine get very roughly handled, moved by the barrels, bounce around in my truck on dirt roads and fields, most would probably be shocked. But I use my guns as a tool. I personally won't own an FX as I've heard others talk about POI shifts and have had people I would consider friends that I trust PM about their issues with that cause if they posted on here publicly about that, they would get flamed by the FX fanboys. I dealt with POI shifts with Mrods back when I first got into airguns. It drove me nuts and I vowed never again would I deal with a gun that had POI shifts from barrels being bumped.

To win a competition a gun has to be very accurate. But it only needs to maintain its POI for a card or for a practice session. Nobody here is saying they aren’t dead accurate guns.
Yep..... and again i will sound like a broken record...

But!!

The FX M3 can be a phenomenally accurate gun .....BUT !!! out of the box in STD form it has huge POI issues , anyone saying this isn't so is in pure denial mode !!

Give me a gun for a day riding around in my truck and shooting how I do and I can tell you which guns will have POI shift and which ones won't. It's different when people use a gun as a "range queen" and goes in and out of a case onto a bench and thats it. Mine get very roughly handled, moved by the barrels, bounce around in my truck on dirt roads and fields, most would probably be shocked. But I use my guns as a tool. I personally won't own an FX as I've heard others talk about POI shifts and have had people I would consider friends that I trust PM about their issues with that cause if they posted on here publicly about that, they would get flamed by the FX fanboys. I dealt with POI shifts with Mrods back when I first got into airguns. It drove me nuts and I vowed never again would I deal with a gun that had POI shifts from barrels being bumped.
Wouldn't that make an interesting event at one of the big benchrest competitions.
Start of by tossing your gun behind the seat of a 4WD and do a 5 mile offroad coarse ending at your shooting bench. You have 30 seconds to get out of the truck with your gun and start shooting at 50 yards. Hop back in the truck and make another lap while the 75 yard cards are set and go again.

Scored the same as normal benchrest, plus points for your ofroad coarse times.

I would go just to watch that one.

Why “lock the thread” request?

Offensiveness. Might hurt some feelies.

Let the truth be what it is.
The elephant in the room has farted and the pretending is obtuse, also pooped on the floor, smeared it, then thrown it all around with its trunk, caused the onlookers to plug their ears from the voluminous trumpeting, but NOPE the obvious negatives, simply smells like flowers, are unseen, and unheard. Elephants have some positive attributes though, they're powerful, the males have two trunks/plenums 😁 :oops:;), and can be dressed up with fancy garments.
The conspiracy theorists however, smelled, saw, heard, and would prefer not to "take that ride" or "go close again".

Isn’t the HP plenum around the barrel of newer king block guns eliminate this? They use these in PRS guns and these match’s are pretty rough.
My answer to that question is YES. I have the 600mm Panthera .25 caliber and experience NO POI shift from my gun.

FX barrels, post #21, just my quick notes ... so far today this is a third thread winding about a same...