• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Local airgun shop

I don’t live in Idaho but I have a great story for you. Where I live in Central California we have a paintball shop. It’s a small shop run by a couple. When I first got into pcp air rifles about 13 years ago they were the only local place to get my tanks filled. They sold paintball equipment and ran a gaming field for players. I would always talk to them about my rifles and recommend their shop to others. Slowly they began to see more and more air rifle owners coming in for tank fills. Then one day they had some pcp rifles for sale. I think they were Kral Arms if I remember correctly. Then one day there was an FX on the wall for sale. Flash forward a few more years and now they are a legit air rifle store. They are the only dealer selling pcp rifles that I know of in the entire Central Valley or within a couple hundred miles any direction. They told me that air rifles now make up a significant portion of their overall sales. Now, there are a lot of people living in central California to make up a customer base. I’m not sure what type of customer base there is in northern Idaho but success is possible.

Kenny

I have some family in North and South parts of Idaho. Have considered moving to North area, but will stay in Washington until it is too dangerous (politically) to stay here. Much of my family has already left WA for ID, and maybe that day will come soon for me to jump ship.

In the meantime, I'm opening an airgun shop in Vancouver, WA, but plan to sustain the rent with some other side-projects (photography darkroom, b2b services). It's unclear how much revenue can be provided for air guns, alone, and I'm trying to get my FFL, too. There are many more people in Portland, but there's an aversion to shopping in WA, since they recently canceled the sales tax exemption for Oregon residents.

I'll see if my family has any interest. Hoping to travel out there in the next couple months as well. If you end up opening shop, please update with an address!

Good luck!