• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Loaner/Beater PCP?

In 20 years not one person has asked. Only one guy I'd lend ANY gun to but I'd lend him my chainsaw or my car as well. Not too many folks have a clue about what we do and it's overwhelming and maybe intimidating when we tell about pcps

I've had only a few ask to borrow a PCP and always reply that they must come by for a training session. No one has shown yet.

Last time I loaned out a chainsaw, the user claimed it quit cutting.....after they hit a rock. 🙄

Man, you guys have some tough friends 😂

Or maybe its to do with the definition of “friend”. 

I don’t call just anyone a friend. I have many acquaintances, but not that many friends. None of the people who would want to borrow my PCPs are people that I would have any hesitation about, since they are all thoughtful, careful people, who are also experienced shooters.

Interestingly enough, I have had more people ask about borrowing firearms than PCPs. Some years ago, after Superstorm Sandy, when we were without electricity for 10 days, I had a couple (non-gun) friends ask if they could borrow a pistol! I said that while I would happily lend them a car, or a camera, the answer was NO!! On a pistol or on any gun. Not only was it illegal since they didn’t have permits (and yes, this is Connecticut. It is not hard to get a permit - we are “shall issue” - but you must have one) but I didn’t want them shooting themselves or someone else they weren’t aiming at, since, without some training or familiarity, that was just as likely as them hitting an imaginary bad guy.

Two of these people have now gotten their permits. We laugh about that exchange every now and then.

Chris