• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

loaned the Notos, kept the HW44 carbine

food for thought,,, :unsure:
found a barrel for about $180 + shipping

Here is my lefty HW44 for reference. Great platform. Shoots the H&N Baracuda Match 10.65 right at 700 fps, very little deviation. Not sure how Weihrauch did it, but it is my favorite hunter.

IMG_1350.jpeg

I only see a 410 mm .177 barrel listed with them

My eyes tell me that the cocking lever is moved over to the right side of the pistol. And the picture doesn't seems to mirrored. Just to make sure there's nothing fishy going on here: Is it a straight forward modification to move the cocking lever from the left side over to the right side? If so the HW44 with a HW100 cylinder and a Rink stock is rocketing rapidly up on my "wanna have" list. :)
Changing the cocking isn't to terribly difficult. Finding directions is the hard part! I had looked several times over the last couple of years for details on how to do it and never found any good info. A few months ago I ran across this post and decided to go for it. I only had one real issue. When I was trying to release the cocking arm and shuttle assembly it fell completely out of the airgun, took me a while to figure out how to get it back in.

I bought my first HW44 3-4 years ago, loved everything about it except the cocking lever on the left. I wound up selling it. Got the itch for one again and bought a new one from AoA and had them switch it to the left side. I've since bought two more and thanks to this link changed both over to the left side.

Here's another link that EPG posted here on AGN a while back that explains how to change the magazine advance. I actually did this first, then started looking again for info on swapping the cocking lever. Thank you EPG!!!

My butt stock rendition for the HW 44 Is no were near as pleasing to the eye as jarmstrongs, but it is functional and economical.

Going thru my parts yesterday decided to see if my HW 44 butt stock idea would work. Parts of adapter consist of
#1- Weaver scope extension 1/2" high riser base adapter,(tried low profile base it had to much flexibility),
#2- Screwed inverted piece of picatinny rail to bottom of extension.
#3- 30mm scope ring high placed on buffer tube inverted (fit tube perfect)
#4- AR style buffer tube and butt stock.
It all works great. Scope/ Dot eye window height can be adjusted by using different height scope rings on buffer tube.

100_2605.JPG

100_2604.JPG

100_2603.JPG

100_2602.JPG

for a visual size comparison
Zbroia Kozak compact w/330 mm barrel and 180 cc air tube
the Notos needs no introduction
the HW 44 before her make over,,,
with the Ratworks airtube and Rinks wood stock,,, next up is a 310 mm barrel, headed my way, with a hat tip to Charlie, for his suggestion,,, will post new photo when installed
edit: I did not get the 310mm barrel to work out for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8tshooter
I completely agree on the smoother shot cycle and wasting air.
The Weihrauch moderators work super well but they are sooooo long. Much as I like the way they work I've reduced the power on all my HW44's and HW100's and replaced them all with much shorter ones. The Weihrauchs seem to waste less air, shoot smoother and bark less at lower power levels. I'd say they're more accurate, but I think that not exactly the case. They're probably still just as accurate, just more difficult to shoot accurately. It made a huge difference on my HW44/.22.
Good info! Thanks. Is there a video to show how to turn down the power?

played with the Notos until I got my form grip for my HW 44 pistol
neighbor has the Notos and a hand pump but ole Jack is keeping this 4 lb with scope jewel for myself :p:cool:
View attachment 393999
Sorry for the subject change, but what can you tell me about that blade? It’s beautiful and looks a lot like some of the knives from makers I favored during my knife making days in the 80s.