• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

loaned the Notos, kept the HW44 carbine

played with the Notos until I got my form grip for my HW 44 pistol
neighbor has the Notos and a hand pump but ole Jack is keeping this 4 lb with scope jewel for myself :p:cool:
20231004_072820-1.jpeg

two things to figure out
1, butt pad is wood and slips down, the rubber door stop wedge on the ole frankie gun worked better, but is junk yard dog stuff. I like the wedge shape for holding the pcps up higher on the shoulder and rubber material helps it hold against clothing
2, need something under the air tube, I am thinking about sacrificing the old barrel/tube sleeve
this piece but they are out of stock,,, I like to have a good one on hand just incase, to switch everything back to original

but I know me,,, I probably will chop up the one I have and hope I can get a replacement

Check these out. They are very well made.
If you should decide to cut your barrel sleeve down I highly recommend this barrel adapter from Trajectron

Using this you can simply trim the lower part of your barrel sleeve down and get a nice fit.
I originally cut the end off the sleeve and added a DFL adapter. I would not recommend that method.
I've spent waaay to much money trying to figure out what works best (for me). I personally like trimming the lower part of the barrel sleeve and adding the barrel adapter.
Here's some pictures of my current set ups. I'm fine with trimming the sleeve because there's no way I'd ever want to got back to the original cylinder.
I added carbon fiber sleeves on one to dress up the skinny barrel a bit. One to fit the barrel and another to fit over it. Overkill but I thought it looked pretty good.
PXL_20231005_140402548.jpg

PXL_20231005_140407707.jpg

PXL_20231005_140158937.jpg
PXL_20231005_140205066.jpg

H2Okenny,, thanks,,, all good ideas
I am thinking of cutting 3 to 3-1/4 inches off the barrel sleeve
and then find some black delrin tubing or some carbon tubing ,,, black to fill the space from moderator adaptor to the cut off barrel sleeve
,,, I don't know,,, just thinking

the JB3D tube mount does not seem to hold real well,,, it appears to bend upwards

if I fill to 200 bar or just a hair over, 3 mags (30)
if I fill to 225 bar I can do 4 mags
I don't like going higher than 200 bar, because I do not know how that will affect the reg, but if I am going to go straight to shooting a least a full mag, I will do a 225 bar fill for the occasion,,, fill and shoot,,, but for being on stand by, ready to pop a starling, 200 bar
PHOTO bomb away lets see your Frankie gun

Reactions: Str8tshooter
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of power are you getting?
My last recorded string with my .22 got 43 shots with a 200 bar fill. Spread of 14 fps with a SD of 3. Average speed 606 fps with JSB 15.9's. I've turned the regulator to about 80 bar (best I remember). I'm thinking about turning the hammer spring down a bit and "shooting ";) for 50 shots. I never shoot over 30 yds. with my 44's so the loss of 10-15 fps is insignificant to me.

I just went and shot 10 rounds gauge at 130 bar tank pressure, AA 16 gr, I do not know reg setting, guessing about 100 bar or a hair more
693 to 699 fps
I have been considering lowering to fps to about 650, it will be a smoother shot cycle and less noise. the Pugio is a little louder than the HW factory mod, and I feel it is using excessive air for a short barrel,,, excessive air=more noise
30 yards is my planned max distance also, for this gun
EDIT: start at 225 bar 39 shots comes off reg @120/110 bar neighborhood,,, ES high 704 to a low 691 16 gr AA
5th mag was 689 down to 642 fps 'off reg'

Last edited:
I completely agree on the smoother shot cycle and wasting air.
The Weihrauch moderators work super well but they are sooooo long. Much as I like the way they work I've reduced the power on all my HW44's and HW100's and replaced them all with much shorter ones. The Weihrauchs seem to waste less air, shoot smoother and bark less at lower power levels. I'd say they're more accurate, but I think that not exactly the case. They're probably still just as accurate, just more difficult to shoot accurately. It made a huge difference on my HW44/.22.

Reactions: wgd
My eyes tell me that the cocking lever is moved over to the right side of the pistol. And the picture doesn't seems to mirrored. Just to make sure there's nothing fishy going on here: Is it a straight forward modification to move the cocking lever from the left side over to the right side? If so the HW44 with a HW100 cylinder and a Rink stock is rocketing rapidly up on my "wanna have" list. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble