• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Little rifle for a little guy

Hi guys, I thought you might enjoy a project I did for a friend's kid. The guy is very small for his age. Really small. He is out in the shooting shack with us all the time.
Absolutely loves it! He was always drawn to my Crosman 160. It's the shortest rifle I have. He asked to shoot it every time he came over. But it was still too big for him.
So I dug out my parts box and built him a tiny Crosman 180. I had an old stock that was damaged anyway so I started cutting to make it fit a tiny person.
Made a new trigger and guard to move the trigger back for tiny hands.
This is the result. He has lots of fun with it now that he fits the rifle much better.

IMG_3267 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

Nice! I made a 2260 like that for my wife years ago. She's 4'10" and found all of my guns too big and heavy to shoot well. I ordered it from Mac1 and had him crown the barrel and tune the trigger, then I cut down the stock, added a cheek riser and bulk fed it. It was an accurate little rifle that a small woman or a kid could easily shoot offhand. I think yours is a little nicer though. The grain on that stock is better than what comes on a 2260.

Hers ended up getting stolen from a house that I was remodeling.

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
Nice of you to do that for the small kid!

I did a similar thing with a youth model marlin 22rf because my daughter was a tiny thing at 12 years old. After a ton of shaping I made a schnabel at the end of the thinned down forestock, made the grip smaller and cut the LOP pretty much the same length as yours. Then painted it a pink Fleck Stone finish.

She got 2nd place in our youth 22rf shooting match using that gun. Around a dozen kids present that day, and the 1st place kid was a 16 year old boy that had shot in the club for years already, so I was very proud of her.

Even today she's a great shot and too the point of getting perfect scores in FT in Unlimited without practicing!

But my favorite story was when she was 30 years old shooting a Glock 42 in 380ACP right next to the police training at our shooting range. She shot a couple magazines worth at 15Y grouping the size of a fist on a target which I could tell was humiliating to them because none of them came anywhere close to the same precision. The first time shooting this gun and she just doesn't shoot hardly at all. I felt bad for them but once again proud of my daughter.

Well my pa or anyone else in the family never did anything gun related for me, but i do remember the very cool crossbow he made for me, and also later on for a school play the nicest GD wooden sword on the stage.
And in that play i was just one of Robin Hoods merry men

2 years later the sword came to play again as i had the main lead as Hamlet.

Okay my grandfather on my real fathers side, well he had 3 rifles,,,,, why i do not recall CUZ i dont think he hunted, anyway i think it was a M1 and a Lee Enfield, and the last one i think was a Mauser M98, All for sure bolt action.
Anyways the old guy did not mind the kid playing with them inside the house of course.
As i recall the guy was in the Kings / queens guard and i think they used the M1 at some time, my real father as i recall was also in the royal guard, and i also had the height to serve there, but i was dropped like i was hot when i stood tall before the man at the age of 22, pushed back somewhat due to my machinist apprenticeship.

At least that is as far as i recall, i was 8 or 9 when i last played with them, and though i shortly there after started shooting, well it was another 5 - 6 - 7 years before my gun craze really took off.

As a kid ( punk ) we broke into a basement storage locker of some guy, clearly a former resistance fighter, he had quite a few smaller caliber cannon, complete but empty & no primer 45 mm and others and as i recall the smallest ones was just " little " black mean looking projectiles in 20 mm
Sadly i misplaced those along the way, they would have made damn nice talking pieces on a mantle.