Diana Little Late Black Friday Shopping in the Texas Hill Country

Part 1: Wanted another vintage target rifle so Kim and I could shoot them together. Stumbled on this, turns out seller lives in Austin. Met him halfway. Super nice guy. Sounds like he’s a friend of a couple y’all miscreants 😁. Excellent shape cosmetically. Came in original box with the original styrofoam container that says, “Modell 75”. And came with this manual. Wondering if this is the same manual @Northwoods22 has? Seller said he hasn’t shot it in years. The box had a Dynamit Nobel receipt from 2000 indicating a complete rebuild. Will shoot it tomorrow, see what it does, and go from there.

20231125_173517_resized.jpeg

20231125_184353_resized.jpeg

20231125_184325_resized.jpeg

Part 2: He brought a few others along with him as well. Bought the Diana 45 and Daisy 230 to keep the Model 75 company on the way home. Kim claimed the 230 about the time I took it out of the truck LOL. Really neat little gun. Made in Scotland so obviously a Milbro. Not sure yet which Diana it’s a copy of. All of these guns are in great shape cosmetically, obviously well-cared for. Assume the Daisy is leather sealed so could probably use a little SM50 before shooting. Any info on it much appreciated.

20231125_184427_resized.jpeg

20231125_184502_resized.jpeg

That's a great find and a jewel to own. I bought the RWS Model 75 many years ago to find out what made it different from the FWB300, so I purchased both of them. I still own the FWB300 but I gave my friend the RWS Model 75 as a gift that he shot religiously until he passed a couple of years ago. RWS45 was my first adult precision air gun that I purchased in 1983 that set the hook in me 40 years ago. Since then, airgunitis has taken has serious toll on me since then and I have no regrets.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: .20calguy
Part 1: Wanted another vintage target rifle so Kim and I could shoot them together. Stumbled on this, turns out seller lives in Austin. Met him halfway. Super nice guy. Sounds like he’s a friend of a couple y’all miscreants 😁. Excellent shape cosmetically. Came in original box with the original styrofoam container that says, “Modell 75”. And came with this manual. Wondering if this is the same manual @Northwoods22 has?

View attachment 409685
The cover is identical to my model 75 Shop Manual. My copy has a total of 22 pages. Must be the same book. It's absolutely essential if you do a re-seal job. You got a beauty of a rifle. Yours is a Model 75 HV. I have a 75 U T01. Stocks are different, as is the front sight and shroud. The internal mechanics of the various 75's are all the same, so the disassembly/assembly manual applies to all. You're going to love the 75. Shooting a recoilless Giss springer is a hoot. It will put pellets through the same hole at 10m all day long. A very nice haul.

Reactions: .20calguy
Thanks for the kind words fellas. The 45 and 230 have been standing overnight after an added a couple drops of oil. Rain supposed to blow out of here by mid-day so maybe I’ll get to shoot the dang things LOL. Northwoods, must be the same manual. Page 22 in mine is the beginning of a 3 page parts list. The last page of the book is a laminated page with a drawing of the rifle, then a ghost drawing showing the internals, then a picture of what I assume is the assembly tool? Very detailed dimensions for the tool complete with a rubber ring at the handle end. Unlikely I’ll ever tackle the internals on this gun, but very cool book. Not up to speed on the different variants yet, but being mildly OCD I’m sure I’ll get there ha ha.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a nice Xmas present for themselves he’s selling a Whiscombe JW-80 MK 2.

Great find Chris. I had 2 75-T01’s left hand, decades ago. Shot leagues with them. They were true lefties, mirror images of rh. I also had a Feinwerkbau 300 mini, left hand. (Stock only) I liked the 75 better than mini. Good thing it has been rebuilt because the original gum rubber seals are known to deteriorate over time. Just in case the rebuild used original seals, I wood never oil it. Oil deteriorates gum rubber also. Maybe you could find out. Interested in knowing you and Kim’s favorite. 75 or 300? Congratulations!

Thanks, BoG. With the rebuild being done this century I’m sure they used modern seals. Ran it and the Model 45 over chrono and both had healthy numbers. Breach seal on the 75 has seen better days, hoping it can be replaced without dismantling the gun. Haven’t shot either enough to decide whether I like it or the 300S better. The attached is first shot I took at a target with the 75. From 15 yards off my knee this afternoon. Not zeroed, just guessed at rear sight placement. I think we’re gonna get along LOL. The 45 is a little gem. Very short stroke, good accuracy from what I could tell in the wind. Not crazy about the trigger but some adjustment and lube hopefully help.

20231126_153356_resized.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words fellas. The 45 and 230 have been standing overnight after an added a couple drops of oil. Rain supposed to blow out of here by mid-day so maybe I’ll get to shoot the dang things LOL. Northwoods, must be the same manual. Page 22 in mine is the beginning of a 3 page parts list. The last page of the book is a laminated page with a drawing of the rifle, then a ghost drawing showing the internals, then a picture of what I assume is the assembly tool? Very detailed dimensions for the tool complete with a rubber ring at the handle end. Unlikely I’ll ever tackle the internals on this gun, but very cool book. Not up to speed on the different variants yet, but being mildly OCD I’m sure I’ll get there ha ha.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a nice Xmas present for themselves he’s selling a Whiscombe JW-80 MK 2.
The book is even more rare than the gun itself. My book is missing pages 20-22, the specs for the tool, and the parts list. Is there any way you could scan or photograph them and send them to me in an E-mail? I'd be happy to compensate you for your time.

The book is even more rare than the gun itself. My book is missing pages 20-22, the specs for the tool, and the parts list. Is there any way you could scan or photograph them and send them to me in an E-mail? I'd be happy to compensate you for your time.
Absolutely. I’m in the office today where I have a host of high quality imaging equipment. Unfortunately, the book is at the house ha ha. Should be in again later this week and will bring it with me and scan. Based on the table of contents the only page I might be missing is an exploded view.

Reactions: Northwoods22
Absolutely. I’m in the office today where I have a host of high quality imaging equipment. Unfortunately, the book is at the house ha ha. Should be in again later this week and will bring it with me and scan. Based on the table of contents the only page I might be missing is an exploded view.
Thank you! I'm in no hurry.