Little hatsan 95 runnith out of gas

My little hatsan 95 vortex QE running out of gas it seems. Got it out today to poke a gew holes and went to cock it and near broke it in 2 ..lol. So put a pellet in and it went pufftt. I cronied ot and 5 shot avetage is now 425 fps. ( Hay bright side it's uk legal now😁). Also i got a more indoor friendly rifle i guess. I think the ram takes a probe so if nothing else i could hand pump it up time to time ..lol. Hatsan..lol

It will end up a closet queen , you know in that dark back corner stuffed behind that other stuff you got no use for but just cant seem throw away .. darn thing near down to a 99$ gun and any parts way you go is 50+$ . Kinda lose lose .
I guess it's a shoot it till a pellet cant clear the muzzle thing now. 🥺
Ron, all's you have to do is replace the seals in the gas ram and pump it up again to OEM pressure levels - or use a wire spring.
Not that tough of a fix...

Reactions: Septicdeath
Well its not like it's a hw or the nicer older hatsan 95. Its kinda chinzy model of it . Heck i fitst looked at it i thought the wood stovk was some plastic imataiton stuff ... The qe shroud like tin can steel , $50 bucks will support other stuff before this . When i first got it i thought it was a youth toy build on par with a Walmart red ryder, just cheap feeling. If a seal just thrown in a order maybe but after that any more ill need to think long on that. Honestly at 99$ hatsan is comming out like a bandit ...smiling... Hard.

Oh then im not a pcp guy so on top of the parts i need a hand pump and probe too boot.. see its already costing more the the gun . Personly i just dont see the reinvestment value in it . If i flip on a pcp pistol im milling around then id add a extra probe and .. lol.

Last edited:
Spring, spring guide, end cap to fit the spring version because they're different than the gas rams. Email Hatsan using their General Inquiries form, NOT the Customer Service form, they seem to answer quicker that way:
Should cost you less than a new ram which is something like $45. Don't like the QE? Take it off and put a can on it. The end of that barrel is already threaded.
Just want it gone, sell it as a parts rifle...someone is always looking for parts. I was when the ram in mine went (MY fault, NOT Hatsan's) and Mr Spiral up there sold me his for $50. Slapped my .25 barrel onto his tuned springer action to rebuild mine as a springer and still have that rifle now 7 years later.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Spring, spring guide, end cap to fit the spring version because they're different than the gas rams. Email Hatsan using their General Inquiries form, NOT the Customer Service form, they seem to answer quicker that way:
Should cost you less than a new ram which is something like $45. Don't like the QE? Take it off and put a can on it. The end of that barrel is already threaded.
Just want it gone, sell it as a parts rifle...someone is always looking for parts. I was when the ram in mine went (MY fault, NOT Hatsan's) and Mr Spiral up there sold me his for $50. Slapped my .25 barrel onto his tuned springer action to rebuild mine as a springer and still have that rifle now 7 years later.
Ya, pretty sure no ram will go back if i ever do make a move on it. There not that trust worthy to start with from hatsan. If it had the old style wood and the non Qe shrouded barrel id be far more inclined to just do it. I guess time will tell on where i go on it. Another thing about it is its the most uncomfortable to sholder/shoot of any i got . More to fit a 8 year old first gun .

Just got to think on it some and definitely not pressed to move on it.. like use that money towards somthing else and park it in the closet.

It's funny it was fine like 2 days ago and just overnight gone flat.. lol. One of my gamos rams went bad as well years ago . Lucky gamo covered it .

The biggest mistake people do with gas ram guns is not shoot them. The seals in the ram dry and presure leaks out. If you where have to pulled your 95 out and shot it five or six times every few months it probably would still be working.
A new gas ram is only about $40 or covert it to a spring-piston. Many of the Hatsan rams can be resealed and charged with a probe and hand pump.

Letting any springer gas or ram sit for a extended period without shooting it isn't good.

How long have you had it? It does have a 1 year warranty...ain't much but if you've owned it less than a year make 'em fix it...lol.
Its been around.. then i got shipping cost id be in the same money boat..lol.

Its the one i got gifted and then what ive done with it posted here and gta .

Lucky the hatsan vortex 25se i got as well id fix it . I like it a lot , been a plinking fun gun . Its the older non qe pistol. Its been a nice surprise for what it is for sure.

But ya, the convert to spring is how id go if i do anything on the 95 for sure. Anyway the ram guns i got ate my last of that deal , its just springer from them on . Ive not been too impressed on them vs the spring guns over all . Honestly this gamo im shooting been good and zero maintenance and shooting as good today as 4 years ago new. Matbe better ..lol

The biggest mistake people do with gas ram guns is not shoot them. The seals in the ram dry and presure leaks out. If you where have to pulled your 95 out and shot it five or six times every few months it probably would still be working.
A new gas ram is only about $40 or covert it to a spring-piston. Many of the Hatsan rams can be resealed and charged with a probe and hand pump.

Letting any springer gas or ram sit for a extended period without shooting it isn't good.
Thats true. But mine dont sit each one get shot near daily depending on weather at least 20+ shots. I shoot on gun rotation. Also i do the the rams pointing down ad well when not used . I do think thats a good policy with them , but did not seem to help this time. Lol.

Heck it maybe a cold weather thing and lost pressure? Like my car tires can do time to time. With out a pump and probe im kinda stuck there on that .

Well, somthing will pop up to do somthing .

I'll make you an offer on it for the parts. $40 and I'll pick it up!
Man it probably be a year before i decide on anything. Heck in the heat of summer it may go back to full charge..lol then i may go pcp and have a pump and probe , or just buy a spring kit.. i just dont move fast on things .just one day ill get tired of tripping over it and make a move to do somthing one way or another..😜

Man it probably be a year before i decide on anything. Heck in the heat of summer it may go back to full charge..lol then i may go pcp and have a pump and probe , or just buy a spring kit.. i just dont move fast on things .just one day ill get tired of tripping over it and make a move to do somthing one way or another..😜
Oh well, keep me in mind if you do decide to sell it!