• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Little Disappointed II

I hope it's okay to do this, Please Excuse and Forgive me if I've done wrong. The first post seemed to get very lengthly detailed which confirmed the thoughts of my findings. I want to Thank Everyone, Their Input it was most helpful. So I just ordered all the parts needed to convert my 177 Disco to 22 caliber for hunting. At the moment another rifle isn't in the budget plus I see an opportunity to learn some things. This rifle has been tuned by Normand at disco's R Us, it is crazy stupid accurate with a fantastic tune. It doesn't have an adjustable PA, it has a L&W barrel and a single barrel band. So, I think the tune will be easy to duplicate when FT season comes back around this is my back up if needed.
My plan is to run a 10 round shot string over the chrony from a 2k fill. Remove tube plug, hammer spring and transfer port and replace with new parts except use an adjustable power adjuster, stronger hammer spring, and drill out a new TP a Little larger. Make plenty of notes on barrel band location and what not. Am I overlooking any details in being able to duplicate this tune? I'm hoping all that would be needed is to replace original parts.
Since I'm getting a new barrel I'd like to prepare it really good before I install it. I'd like to redo the crown I understand that. I think I'd like to polish the lead in and transfer port hole. How exactly is the lead in and T/P hole suppose to be polished, I'd hate to ruin a brand new barrel. I'd greatly appreciate any words of wisdom or suggestions. I'd really like a suggestion on what size to drill the T/P. Got any Suggestions on a really good hunting tune? Thank You in advance for your time and advice.

Sorry hotrod, I misunderstood your first post. Maybe some of this info will help. I took a heavily modded Disco apart. I screwed up and took a second apart to see where I messed up on the first. On a factory? (both bought used) I found a 1 5/8" long spring, with a .290 OD and a .037 spring thickness. The transfer port was in between .144 tight and .147 loose fit on a cheapo Harbor Freight drill bit set. I had a few assorted springs from Normand (DiscosRus) and another bag I purchased with assorted sizes, and a variety of Disco parts. I replaced the 1 5/8" spring with a 1 3/4" and thicker gauge wire. I used a .125 carbide burr in a Foredom tool (industrial dremel), and then I polished it with a felt bob with Mothers aluminum polish. I put it back together, then agonized when it would not cock. (safety needs to be in place.) That gun with a 3 screw mod, double barrel band, and power adjuster shoots 18.1's at 800 FPS. I've shot quite a few rabbits, the shot placement is crucial with a .177. I shoot unsupported better than half the time, although heavier and longer I like the .25 Cricket over the .22. I used the compact .177 915 FPS with a 10.3's twice before I traded it. As far as the barrel I've had very good results with Mothers. I use weed whacker line with a knob melted. I use 1-3 cloth patches (whatever fits tight) pull thru once or twice with the paste then I followed up with WD 40, and lastly with mineral oil till bore is shiney clean. This when the barrel is off the gun. Normand is a great guy, and he is to Disco's what Ernest is to Crickets, both are two of the nicest people you'll speak with.