List of PCP's with adjustable power/easy to tune

I'm interested in picking up another 22 caliber PCP. Right now I'm leaning towards a Taipan Veteran standard or long with the donnyfl speed dialer. I'm wondering what other quality guns offer easy to adjust power? I love the power wheel feature on the FX guns and know Brocock offers a similar system. Reason I'm curious is I often like to shoot different weight pellets at times, so having a gun with easy adjustments is a big help.

I'm also interested in the AGT Uragan but am somewhat put off by the lack of easy power adjustment. Taipan Veteran, Kalibr Cricket, RTI Prophet, and AGT Uragan are 4 I'm interested in. Not sure what is involved in tuning both the uragan or cricket. I know the veteran and prophet are relatively easy to adjust.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I prefer an externally adjustable regulator that doesn't require totally degassing the gun, but many of them require that to decrease pressure if my memory is working right today. The FX M3 (Assuming the Crown as well) lets you go up or down in pressure on the 2nd Reg as long as you don't go more than 1/4 Turn when reducing pressure, followed by dry firing one or two times to equalize the pressure.

My next PCP will probably be a bullpup with an externally adjustable regulator, hammer spring and flow port with a sub 1 pound trigger. Not sure what model that will be so I will be watching this thread to see what is listed with all three external adjustments on it. I enjoy shooting the Uragan as much or more than any other PCPs I have shot, including the FX M3, but I don't like having to take it apart to adjust the regulator, and there is no adjustable flow port on it AFAIK. As for the trigger - the best I have felt so far!

Last edited:
RTI Prophet is the easiest to tune gun I’ve ever owned, which is a list longer than I care to admit to.

These three are NOT easy to adjust due to disassembly required to access the regulators; Taipan Veteran, Kalibr Cricket and AGT Uragan. No problem adjusting the reg and HS on the RTIs requiring only 5mm and 6mm hex keys.

Last edited:
Huben K1.. Adjustable hammer, HS, valve.. On the fly and no drama..
I second the (Huben K1) motion - In basic testing, I have the main res filled to 30MPa, the plenum reg set to 17MPa, and use the power knob to adjust for desired velocity. Yesterday, for fun, I tried settings from 5 clicks open to 50 clicks open (about the point where the power valve is fully open). With 33.95gr Exact King Heavy Diabolo Mk2 pellets, I saw 317fps (7.6FPE) on the bottom to 1016fps (77.8) on the top. For me this is an amazing range of settings, and had zero issues with reliability or function. Of course there's more to follow. p.s. Accuracy went out the window at the very top end of the range, but otherwise the gun is a laser beam. I currently have it dialed in with 25 clicks, 760fps (43.5FPE) for 10-30 yard fun in the back yard. I realize there are other guns out there and am sharing my experiences with this one. Targets to follow once I get things settled a bit!

Last edited:
RTI has my vote as well. i love the barrel swap system. i now have the 177, 22 and 25 barrels for my compact. swap barrels in minutes.. and tune across the chrony is just as fast.... (once you do your first set up and write down your reg settings and hammer spring setting) i also have a full size V1 prophet performance in 22.. with the slow twist barrel.. no need to adjust that one.. i shoot anything from 25gr to 18gr without touching a thing (other than scope) it's shoots them very accurate, yes the 18's are hot... but it shoots them great.. i personally prefer the 25gr pellets i like the extra thump!

Shooting different weight pellets doesn't necessarily require easy tuning adjustment. If you have a well balanced tune with your primary pellet, then shooting a different weight should not require more than a minor HST adjustment. The Taipan Veteran that you are considering would be an excellent choice.

That was my thinking as well. I also would like a less "finicky" rifle to pair with my Maverick. Nothing wrong with my Maverick, but we all know how fussy they can be at times. That's why I was so interested in the Veteran, almost opposite of the Maverick.

That's why I was so interested in the Veteran, almost opposite of the Maverick.
Truer words were never spoken. I really like the Veteran, but have no interest in the Maverick. My tune is balanced at around 900 fps with the 18. If I wanted to shoot the 16 at a reasonable velocity, I'd just back off the HST a little. It wouldn't give me the most efficient tune, but I don't routinely shoot anything but the 18, so that doesn't matter to me. Even if the reg were externally adjustable, I probably would not move it for such limited use.

Reactions: Arzrover
My Cricket II Smooth is super simple. It came from the factory shooting 18.13 JSB’s around 920 and the accuracy was pretty good. Backed off the hammer adjuster until groups tightened up and it settled in shooting @ 880 something.
no need to do anything but shoot and enjoy it. I also like the 300 bar fill. I usually fill it to 280 but I get a lot of shots out of it.

I spend a considerable amount of time recommending the Taipan Veteran simply because I want others to experience the satisfaction of ownership I have experienced with mine. I like simplicity...hate workin' on stuff, (after a life time in maintenance) like my guns to to shoot the "good stuff" like JSBs and also the "more affordable" CP domes...my Daystates do well with both without touching anything except poi but power settings are fixed on Huntsman and Wolverine...one 360* ccw turn of HA spring on my Veteran shooting 18.13s @ 870 and I get 830 with decent accuracy and more shots per fill with CP 14.3 domes, easy repeatable and simple to fine tune, just rezero scope. The "white board" groups, the bottom left was the Veteran after sitting for a couple weeks at 250b first 5 shots with CP domes...the other brown board is a typical 18.13 group, been doin' it for a couple of years now! BTW the bottom R white board group was first 5 shots with .177 unregulated Huntsman also sitting a week or two...JSB 10.34s, all groups at 31yds. Guns with power adjuster knobs like my Bobcat work well and easy to adjust but translate into more O-rings and are more complex...I'm out on them...although had no issues to date just like the Veteran platform better since I found it. I've recommended the Vet
20221102_144441.jpg
20220906_155416.jpg
before and will again...good luck whichever one you choose!

Any rifle with fixed regulator with adequate preassure and a easy to reach hammer screw in and out.

That might work with some guns, but not with others. If the fixed or non externally adjustable regulator pressure is too high and reducing the hammer spring to the minimum still produces too much velocity for what you want, you are stuck without modding or adjusting the reg. One example being the Uragan 2 in 22 Cal. It shoots heavier pellets superbly, as good as any PCP gun I have been able to shoot so far, but it will NOT shoot 14.x grain and lighter pellets below the sound barrier with the hammer spring turned all the way out unless you take the gun apart and adjust the regulator. Another example is the Gauntlet 2 in 30 cal. The regulator is set a 2800 PSI and with the hammer spring screw backed out all the way, vs all the way in only gives a velocity variation of about 100 FPS - 820 to 920 fps with 60 grain slugs, which is not enough on the slower end for some people.