• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

lightweight scope for FX Impact

I have just tested 5 scopes in this range. 

If your budget is $1k-1.5K then the Trijicon ten mile 3-18x44 for Mil is amazing.

No one can compete with the weight factor/price. Period.

20210303_181137.1614927263.jpg

In case your budget is smaller the Vector optics Veyron and the Discovery compact scopes are quite a bit lighter than a full sized scope. They are also quite a bit smaller.

I like the Veyron in the Second Focal Plain as the first focal plain scope's reticle gets too fine at lower magnification for my old eyes..

https://www.vectoroptics.com/products/view/id/SCOM-24.html

https://store.discovery-optics.com/collections/top-selling/products/discovery-hd-3-12x44-sfir-ffp-compact-first-focal-plane-hunting-optical-sight-riflescope-shooting-rifle-scope-hd-glass-for-338lm

SWFA 10X? Catch it on sale. I have a 16x which is great for field critters but FOV is small. You can tree hunt but not good.Variables weigh more.

My big complaint! they make my Wildcat, Maverick, Impact (that I feel are well weighted and balanced) into logs. I've given up and just adapting.

Been through a lot of scopes. I absolutely will not buy another scope I haven't handled and satisfied myself with weight & reticle.

Why, when I first got started, didn't some one slap me and make me buy a nightforce? I've spent way more on my collection.

MTC atom 10x30 is about 290 gr or 10.2 oz - without mounts

Yeah, I like mine. I actually like it better in the woods compared to when I am just shooting at the bench. In the woods hunting tree squirrels it just seems sonatural. Had a Connect once, same, but heavier. Also the Connect diopter , does not really have enough adjustment for old eyes, the Atom does. . I am actually surprised more people are not buying them.

pends what your doin .. a high end scope looks cool as hell .. i got all kinds of scopes up to pretty nice nikon optics anywhere from 1 to 24 power, huge 56 objectives and lots of bells and whistles .. what do i have on my 'grab an go gun'? a 20$ plain jane gamo fixed 4X thats several ounces, i dont have anything more practical or effective and thats the sad truth lol ... would the gun look far nicer with a Hawke sidewinder, hell yes, but for gettin on nutters fast and keeping things streamlined thats not the right choice ..

You've got quite a few choices for light scopes. It seems that besides weight some other factors would also seem important. For example:

● A 10-yard parallax (for close range critters and the basement shooting gallery)

● A side focus parallax (easier to reach than AO)

● A holdover reticle (instead of a BDC or plain cross hairs)

● Exposed turrets are important for those who dial their elevation

● The difference between FFP and SFP is huge -- and some shooters hate one and love the other. It's your choice....

So, below find a Scope Specs Table for LIGHT/SHORT scopes (and those that are 3-12x/ 3-9x) -- where most scopes fufill all the above requirements.

For a 16x top end magnification you can get a Sightron S-TAC with 23.5oz, or a Riton Gen2 with 23.0oz, or a Hawke Airmax Compact with 21.9oz. Those are all SFP.

In FFP you can get: Vector 6-24x44 with 20.5oz, or the 4-16x with 20.0oz. There is a Discovery HS 4-14x44 with 20.1oz, and a Discovery ED (life time warranty) with 22.1oz. And the Discovery VT-3 weighs in at 19.4oz.

Now, if you were willing to consider going to a 3-12x magnification range, you have way more options, and prices will be low, too: 18.4oz; 17.6oz; 16.4oz; 16.2oz; etc.

Happy scope shopping!

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Specs Table for Short/Light Scopes -and- 3-12x/ 3-9x

download.png
View attachment SCOPE SPECS TABLE. For Short Scopes -and- 3-12x. 050. 2021-03.1615056501.pdf

Have you looked at the Element line? I haven't used illum. many times for my guns so I have the Helix. But I am thinking of the Titan for the illum. They have a great customer service too.

Titan weighs 39oz so very much out of the running for the OP. 

I use mostly Delta's which are pretty heavy too, but I have a Hawke Frontier 3-15x50 ffp which is only around 22oz and a very good scope - we'll worth a look if keeping weight down on a rig.