Lightweight scope for Edgun leshiy

I just pulled my wallet on a IO prism sight, this is my second attempt. First time I had the 14x50 but traded that one because it was extending beyond the L2 mag very aggressively. Now I am getting this 5x30 with longer eye relief, but also shortening my LOP (replacing the air tube with 40 mm shorter) so I can mount this scope more forward.

You're in Canada? Did you find the 5x30 Pro in stock there or in the US?

Also, Did you source the shorter air tube from Spain or are you having yours shortened as we discussed via PM?

...shorter air tube from Spain or are you having yours shortened as we discussed via PM?
I will take the air tube today to a cnc lathe shop, I want it shorter for 40mm. The guy is busy right now, but he can re-cut it for me in couple days. Also taking two AP barrels to remove the M14x1.25 and re-cut to 1/2-20 so I can use the FX shroud.
A shorter LOP shall give me a more comfortable eye box with this IO 5x30 prism sight.

Last time I checked my source (where I bought my first 14x50 in 2020) had the 5x30 Pro prism in stock, but now I toke a different route. A second hand 5x30 IO can work what I have in mind.

Last edited:
Can you give some insight on this scope? I am currently looking at this to top an Evol Mini , there are so many scope options out there reading about them all is tiring and theres not much info out there on this one but it checks a lot of my boxes.
I would compare it to vortex pst gen 2 in terms of glass quality/resolution, turrets with decent mechanics, cr@py zero-stop and there is a slight of tunnel effect when looking through the scope. Other than that it is good scope for the money. That is why I still keep it.

I looked at prism sights myself for L2 also and found a place that sells quite a few models and ships worldwide. Some only had a very long availability time and some were immediately found in stock. The odd thing was that some models has ad : ask for the price?
You would think it would be clear at what price they would be sold and would state it. So that you don't have to ask it separately, their prices hardly change every week 🤔

I use the us optics TS-12x. IT is small and perfect for that little gun. It is FFP so reticle is pretty small unless zoomed way in. I am now going to try the MTC copperhead SFP. About same size with illumination

US Optics has a SFP version of that scope that has been on sale recently. I believe it only comes with a duplex reticle, however.

Regardless, many think the Copperhead is the same scope anyways. I hope you post your comparisons between the two.

I received my parts from the machine shop and today I put my L2 together.
This what I did :

20231102_102857.jpg

Cut the length from 136mm to 96mm, and that shortened my LOP for 40mm, which is finally correct to my body/posture.

20231102_113319.jpg

This means, any shorter eye relief scope or sight can be moved forward still maintaining the eye box.
My new IO 5x30 is in the mail, I think the ETA is tomorrow, will post a pic when ready.

Reactions: dorcula