• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lightweight .22 Carbine Options

I searching for my next pcp and need some help. I'm looking for a light weight pcp carbine / bullpup with a high shot count for target shooting at 30 yards. Here are my requirements:

0.22 Cal
Less than $600
Over all length less than 34"
~3000 psi fill pressure (I use a 3300 psi scuba tank to fill)
Regulator is preferred
Shot count of 40+
Muzzle energy of ~12-16 ft-lbs
Backyard friendly / silencer capable

The Umarex Notos looks pretty good but doesn't have the high shot count and I can't fill it to the max 3600 psi fill pressure with my scuba tank.

The Walther Reign (EU spec with regulator) has my attention but there is very little info on it. Seems like maybe you can't adjust the hammer spring or have any way of adjusting the FPS. Its looks like a really good solution but I'm worried about a lack of support/info/tuning/etc... Even the Reign UXT (USA version) doesn't have much info on the forums.

The Bemjamin Marauder Pistol (P-rod) is looking like a good choice if I modify it to add a 13ci bottle. I like that idea!

I also like the Buck-Rail carbine conversion kits for the Diana Bandit / Artemis PP800 but wish there was a way to increase the air capacity for a higher shot count.

What other options can yall come up with? I don't mind modifying a gun as long as I don't have to do any machine work. Point me in the right direction please!

Reactions: Firewalker
Personally, if I were to do a new build, I'd get a notos and source a drop block for it. I imagine pp750 drop blocks will fit as well. I've got a 1322 conversion that fills these specs, but would blow the budget out of the water.

As far as fill pressure goes, that's largely unimportant. If you got the power and shot count, you will get more complete fills than you would filling a gun to max pressure.

Last edited:
I searching for my next pcp and need some help. I'm looking for a light weight pcp carbine / bullpup with a high shot count for target shooting at 30 yards. Here are my requirements:

0.22 Cal
Less than $600
Regulator is preferred
Shot count of 40+

The Umarex Notos looks pretty good but doesn't have the high shot count and I can't fill it to the max 3600 psi fill pressure with my scuba tank.

The Walther Reign (EU spec with regulator) has my attention but there is very little info on it. Seems like maybe you can't adjust the hammer spring or have any way of adjusting the FPS. Its looks like a really good solution but I'm worried about a lack of support/info/tuning/etc... Even the Reign UXT (USA version) doesn't have much info on the forums.

The Bemjamin Marauder Pistol (P-rod) is looking like a good choice if I modify it to add a 13ci bottle. I like that idea!

I also like the Buck-Rail carbine conversion kits for the Diana Bandit / Artemis PP800 but wish there was a way to increase the air capacity for a higher shot count.

What other options can yall come up with? I don't mind modifying a gun as long as I don't have to do any machine work. Point me in the right direction please!
You and I appear to be looking for something very similar.

So I am going to sit back and see where this leads.

Not many options come to mind. Notos might be the only option. If you can go with something a bit longer a Gamo Urban is an easy recommendation from me. Maybe an AF Talon? On sale at PA right now under budget!

I knew someone who had a talon ss in .177 cal with an altos regulator set at some moderate setting. He said the LW barrel was extremely accurate with the right pellets, and the shot count was ridiculous. I shot it one time, I stopped before the bottle ran out. Since the barrel was short, fps was somewhere in the 850 - 880 fps range. I don’t recall exactly but was somewhere around there I think.

In a way, this is like a Talon P with a long baffled shroud, but the one I tried had a visibly different valve that was less powerful than the talon p’s and it was not compatible with the interchangeable top hat caps. I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

0.22 Cal
Less than $600
Regulator is preferred
Shot count of 40+

This rifle new is $859 at AoA. This one is in .177 or .22. 32" long . . .60 shots per fill . . . Seems like the perfect backyard friendly pester to me.

1688785782186.png

Last edited:

0.22 Cal
Less than $600
Regulator is preferred
Shot count of 40+

The Snowpeak M60B (bottle version) might be an option:

Stoeger XM1 Bull Shark (bull pup) .22 caliber, regulated, 27.5 inches long, 6.17 lbs, 900fps, 250 bar, 2900 psi, 265cc air volume tank, 50 plus shots, hammer spring adjustable (tune) , 890 fps with a 18.13 gr pellet, five year warranty, Any Stoeger shot gun, rifle dealer should be able to order it for you. That's what I did. price 480.00. I like this gun. very accurate at 40 yards. I haven't shot it at a longer distance. This gun is a Snowpeak P-35 in a different stock with about an inch more barrel. The barrel is 19.3 inches. I think it's pretty much backyard friendly. Also, comes with extras, larger pistol grip, cheek rest, butt spacers etc. P M me if you have any questions.

Stoeger XM1 Bull Shark (bull pup) .22 caliber, regulated, 27.5 inches long, 6.17 lbs, 900fps, 250 bar, 2900 psi, 265cc air volume tank, 50 plus shots, hammer spring adjustable (tune) , 890 fps with a 18.13 gr pellet, five year warranty, Any Stoeger shot gun, rifle dealer should be able to order it for you. That's what I did. price 480.00. I like this gun. very accurate at 40 yards. I haven't shot it at a longer distance. This gun is a Snowpeak P-35 in a different stock with about an inch more barrel. The barrel is 19.3 inches. I think it's pretty much backyard friendly. Also, comes with extras, larger pistol grip, cheek rest, butt spacers etc. P M me if you have any questions.
I love my Bullshark. It's a .177 pusing 22 fpe and capable of moa groups at 100 yards. I have a 3d printed moderator on mine and it's easily the quietest air rifle I own.

If you dropped the reg pressure on a .22 Bullshark and went with a weaker hammer spring, you could easily achieve sub 15 fpe and get well over 50 shots per fill.

Last edited:

0.22 Cal
Less than $600
Regulator is preferred
Shot count of 40+

Hmmm, Notos with a bottle (you choose the size), regulator, drop block conversion. Up to 4500psi fills.

I do the conversions inhouse, they are very affordable.
20230603_130026.jpg

Hi. XM1 Bullshark 22 cal is currently available on Amazon, I ordered my 177 Bullshark from Amazon. It's a great little bullpup.

Reactions: Nattboy