Lights?

i use a red led flashlight mounted under the barrel. the light was around $10, the kind you can adjust from spot to flood by sliding the bezel back and forth.

just last night the ding donger woke me up and i shined it straight in the face of a raccoon not more than 10 yards away, it didn't pay any mind and didn't seem to even see it, and that was on it's brightest setting. too bright for my eyes to look at!

I'm pretty sure I've posted somewhere around here a list of all the animals I've night hunted and how they reacted to red, green, and IR light.

Off the top of my head, green is the color most animals react to of the three. I'm convinced most animals can see it. However, I've also noticed that animals seem to not notice a green laser as much as a green LED or traditional bulb. Furthermore, animals seem to react more to their shadows cast by green light than they do the green light itself. 

Very few act like they can see red light, so long as it is crimson red and not pinkish red. 

Some animals CAN see IR. Foxes and hogs definitely act like they can see IR within 20 yards. However, IR arrays have variance in wavelength and I'm sure whether they can see it depends on the wavelength. 

I have a red predator light I used on several hunts and it works fantastic. I believe either red or green works and I heard once you spot an animal your supposed to keep the light on it at all times and it does something or helps I have no idea lol but it works! Once I land on a target I just keep the light on it the best I can until I get the chance to shoot.

My light was a 25$ light from amazon as I rarely use it but when I need it, it does its job!