Lightning almost strikes again, the D wolf 🐺 in 25

I wanted to check to make sure I was all set at 300 yards, after I dial down to 100. So I shot this quick three shot group last night right at dusk…

My math was off by approximately 6 inches, just a bit low.

A pop of breeze away from another Group I could cover with a half dollar.

If you’re wondering why I’m shooting three shot groups, all I can say is, give it a try at 300, it’s a whole different ball game.

mike

085748CD-FFFB-4E1F-96EF-FAA6BF7C4A24.1646752466.jpeg

@Flintsack Hell I’m still getting familiar with 100 yards. I don’t know if my Evol can stretch it out that far. You’re doing some work out there with that D-Wolf.

I had decent success at 290Y with the EVOL in 30 cal I had for a while with 44gr JSB's. My other guns using pellets were awful at that same distance. 

Yep at 300Y with .1-ish BC slugs is getting silly in the wind but one can have decent success even still and it can also be quite fun. Smallest puff, let off, or push, and the POI can be a couple mils away from the last shot, also the vertical is affected. On the other hand catching and riding a wave of a wind condition and those slugs will land with surprising results.

Even with an accurate 22rf and good ammo its not easy at 300Y but part of that is the ES of 40-ish fps /(or much more with cheap ammo) which makes the vertical kinda dismal but at the same time since the BC is 2-3 times greater than many slugs we use you'll hit about as much if its getting somewhat windy.

fantastic shooting Mike as usual! 

Like Steve123 said, any little puff of gentle breeze will will move the slug inches at 300, it takes a lot of patience and careful observation to get a group to be sub MOA at that distance which is on top of the shooter has to do his part to be consistent. EVERY tiny detail counts, it’s definitely a “sport” for the deprived! 🤨😅🤣