Lightest Quality Scope?

I've kinda gone through this and I ended up ordering a Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 AO IR Mildot. Right at 16oz. They make other sizes and with and without IR. I'm putting it on a Notos .22 for close range barn work. Wanted to keep it light as I could but still very usable. I need IR though for dark corners shooting pigeons in the barn. Minus it loses some ounces I think.

Vixen for its lightweight & exc. glass. I have the 2-8, 3-12. I think they are like 12 oz or less. They do not have an AO or SF. but I set the parallax for 35 yards, which works well from 10-50. I also have a Vixen 2-10x56 illuminated. It is not so light. Their 2-15x 50 IL, is only 20 oz. I just ordered a Vixen 4 -16x44with SF, probably the lightest 4-16x44 out there, but I am not sure, less than 15 oz. I like these scopes better than Leupold. I bought all of them from Optic-Trade, but this time I ordered from Alpen. I have not purchased from them before hope they are a quality company. Cheaper Than Dirt used to sell them too, but I don't see them on their website anymore.

I have found the perfect lightweight scope for my needs!

The 300 BLK reticle works great for holdovers with a PCP airgun.

63210C6A-5E99-458F-BC76-F9C56C576C20.png

I think with the ADM quick release mount mine weigh just under 9 ounces.

I have one on a Leshiy Classic.

AF603B28-CE87-4F06-BF59-491941B6E010.jpeg

I have another on a FX Maverick Compact 25.

14DD4E16-0DDB-4886-BC82-BCF280502AB9.jpeg

The eye relief on the TA33 is very generous. I would say close to 4 inches! The optical clarity is excellent. The field of view is narrow, but with both eyes open it is a non-issue and very fast. Acogs are arguably the most durable scope you can buy.

I highly recommend this scope for ultralight applications!

Reactions: bf1956
If the TA33 had more magnification, would be hard to beat. If that came in 3-10,& SF I would buy one in a heartbeat. After over a half-century of shooting, mostly hunting, I have tried 100 scopes +- & finally come to the realization, I can never be fully satisfied with less than 10 power. While 6 & 8 are my favorite setting, I do need ten sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
Leupold and Athlon have some LPVO style scopes that are pretty lightweight. I didnt see any mention of zoom, paralax, or illumination requirements.

One of those Athlon 1-8 showed up here last week. I like it. Without parallax it won’t focus @10m on 6-8 power in the poor lighting of my basement, but it’s fine on lower power.
I like the IR reticle. I may even turn this one on a few times.

Outdoors it’s very nice. Put it on a Prod for now, good match.

Reactions: MongooseV8
SWFA has an ultralight scope , think about 10oz.
Yep 9.5 ounces - or you can go with a fixed power scope, which are usually lighter due to fewer optical elements.

IMG_2260.png

March Shorty scopes are about 16oz. Not cheap, but fantastic quality.

I used a Shorty DFP 1-10 on 10x yesterday, its on my AR.

Steel targets at 100Y, 200Y, 250Y, 275Y, 300Y, 421Y, 675Y, 812Y. Only a little wind, I dialed for each distance, then hit the first six targets on the first shot. It only took a few tries for the last two steel. A 10" plate at 675Y and a 12" plate at 812Y.

My main take away was that this scope really does its job well! It holds zero and it tracks perfectly. It's a keeper!

It's possibly the most versatile scope there is.

Sorry if it has been said already but for small and light considet the Immersive Optics 5x30 prismatic. Not averyones cups tea. but it weighs 336g/11.85 oz very bright. very sharp image and wide field of view.

The Immersive is truly lightweight/compact/wide-clear field of view and amazing for PCP use. The eyelash close eye relief makes it a no-go for springers or powder which ultimately leads to very little discussion in shooting venues. Friends will give it a 10 second test and comment that it's awkward... give it a little more time to settle and actually use it for a few shots. Great versatile addition to any quiver for quick and lite with no optical compromise.

Struck atFor me, a scope needs to be able to focus down to 10m in poor lighting. Otherwise, it is of little use to me.
I like those too. But I have a few scopes that do not have SF or AO & I adjusted the parallax at 35-40 yards, and they work pretty well, especially in a scope with smaller objective. 20-60 yards & not being distracted & fiddling around with the SF or AO—kind of nice while squirrel hunting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Struckat
Reactions: Scouty