Lightest Quality Scope?

Thread was easy to find but does not include pictures. Might click on the profile of @peaceful_ruler and see if he documented it elsewhere.

Do note that he is adjusting one of the side focus scopes. If you buy the AO scope and want to adjust it closer it might be a slightly different procedure.

With the scope I adjusted I used two rubber strap wrenches to remove the objective ring and then a butter knife in the exposed slots to turn the lens carrier until it was parallax free at the chosen distance.

By the way. Here is an Optisan from a trusted seller. [Sorry, sold]

Reactions: ClarkT
If 10x is enough, I believe the March 1-10x Shorty is the smallest 10x max power scope made, weighing 17.8 ounces. It has dual focal plane reticles and daylight visible illumination, focusing to 10 meters. It costs more than my most expensive air rifle which is I why I don't have one on all my compact guns. The original March 1-8x Shorty with a single FFP reticle that has been out a while - weighs 16.2 ounces.

1682780058733.png

Leupold and Athlon have some LPVO style scopes that are pretty lightweight. I didnt see any mention of zoom, paralax, or illumination requirements.

Thank you all for the replies.

Geezer - March scopes are out of my price range. Someday maybe

Mongoose - Most of the LPVOs I see don’t have short parallax I would like but I looked pretty hard at them.

Joel - Yes the Leupold 3-9 EFR is where I keep ending up. I think I found a place to make me a clickable turret for the elevation so I should be able to live with it.

I know that Leupold had stopped making custom scopes due to the pandemic, now that it is over have they resumed?? They built some awesome scopes for me, including a custom 3-9 EFR. My 6-20x 40 has been flawless for over 30 years and has been on numerous springers and high powered rifles. Hate to think their custom shop is closed for good !!

Reactions: JP806TX
Thanks Scouty. I haven’t been to Dvor yet to see todays specials
Yeah, that’s a good deal, Scouty sir, thanks.

The fixed 10x model is even cheaper by $70, but that was what it cost, $299, when they 1st came out, then the $100 leap all of a sudden.

I’ve always liked the shape and size of this scope, but I have veered myself away from Chinese optics.

My last 3 scope purchases have been Clearidge and Burris, but I might just squeeze in the Optisan CP 10x, lol!

I'm a pretty big fan of the Leupold 4-12 Mark AR Mod 1 that he's using here. I much prefer them to the new side focus VX-Freedom Leupolds.

Not only are the AO Mark AR's more compact and lighter but they also focus closer and have better turrets(P5).

The glass is also excellent. The two that I owned both focused to under 20 yards at 12X. Once scope I regret selling.
Love the Mark AR 4-12x40 scopes on my Taipans (y)
Too bad they're out of production but they do pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

Here's a thread from a while back.

Here's an Ebay search. There's a 6-18 on there right now for cheap.

View attachment 351996

Reactions: Matt247365
Reactions: peaceful_ruler