• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lightest Quality Scope?

I like those too. But I have a few scopes that do not have SF or AO & I adjusted the parallax at 35-40 yards, and they work pretty well, especially in a scope with smaller objective. 20-60 yards & not being distracted & fiddling around with the SF or AO—kind of nice while squirrel hunting.
I have an Athlon Argos 1-8 that needs the focus shortened. Not sure if that can be done to it?

It’s really nice outdoors, inside it’s blurry at 4x. I bought for a Prod, but it will likely end up on a pb.

I have an Athlon Argos 1-8 that needs the focus shortened. Not sure if that can be done to it?

It’s really nice outdoors, inside it’s blurry at 4x. I bought for a Prod, but it will likely end up on a pb.
If I remember right, those can't be. I had several 1-8 & a 1-10 , and I could not change the parallax. I even sent two of them to a scope mechanic & they retuned and said "no". But those are not bad scopes as they are. Scopes with a small objective seem to me to have less parallax error. I would just use low power at close range.
Here is a Leupold I just shortened. There are some risks involved, I would not recommend it if you are not willing to ruin a scope. But so far (knock on wood) I have not ruined any of mine. It does look like a good way to lose the nitrogen.

20230525_095016.jpg
20230525_095438.jpg20230525_100827.jpg

Reactions: Struckat

I own an Argos 1-8x24. I don't have as much experience as @Nutcracker with adjusting fixed scopes but agree that these probably can't be adjusted. Darn shame as they are light & compact & good glass for the money.

Another vote for the Optisan CP 3-12x32. I have four of them, all mounted on springers. Awesome scope and low profile turrets so it is easy to put into a case or safe.