Lightest Quality Scope?

Looking for suggestions. It’s been discussed 100 times I know but I keep waiting for the unicorn to show up.

I’m looking for a scope ideally under 16 ounces with good glass and nice reticle for a Vet Short. I have Discovery, Vector and USO scopes now but they are a little heavier than I would like. Also not looking for anything high dollar.

At this point I have it narrowed down to a Leupold 3-9 EFR but the turrets and reticle are not ideal.

After scouring everything I was hoping you guys can point out anything I might have missed.

Thank you

I agree I have a TS-12 and like it. I was hoping to find something lighter. The Leupold EFR I am considering has 10m parallax. I bought one awhile ago and returned. The glass is good but after using certain reticles it’s tough going back to a duplex. It weighs 12 ounces though and I’m trying to keep this rifle as light as possible so might have to get used to it haha.

Leupold has a 4-12x40 with side focus & a simple MOA reticle. Believe I have seen it for sale around $450. Under 16 oz.

If you don't mind giving up infinity on the focus wheel it can be adjusted to be parallax-free at a closer distance.

I believe @Matt247365 has a Leupold scope he likes for the Veterans. I think I'm tagging the correct username. It came up on auto fill & looked correct.

Other have reported they are not offering this anymore. I have not confirmed this with them myself.
@Scouty Thanks for informing us. I didn’t know. It appears that your are correct.

Reactions: ClarkT
Thank you all for your input and info. I do have a Vector or Discovery I can use but I found myself splitting hairs With scope weigh.

Scouty - Thank you I did talk to Matt already and his Leupold is from the custom shop which is still closed sadly. The 4-12 you speak of is it the Mark AR Mod1 do you know? If so it is discontinued but I located a few. I just needed to verify the specs and parallax.

Darkhorse - Thank you for the recommendation. I have looked at the Optisans a little but I will give them another look.

Mr.H - I havent compared them but did look at another Maven and thought I had found my scope. Unfortunately the parallax were set at 100 yds. Thank you and I will check out the CRS2

Love the Mark AR 4-12x40 scopes on my Taipans (y)
Too bad they're out of production but they do pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

Here's a thread from a while back.

Here's an Ebay search. There's a 6-18 on there right now for cheap.

1682774084604.png

Scouty - Thank you I did talk to Matt already and his Leupold is from the custom shop which is still closed sadly. The 4-12 you speak of is it the Mark AR Mod1 do you know? If so it is discontinued but I located a few. I just needed to verify the specs and parallax.

It looks like there are two 4-12x40 models still being made.

15.7 ounces. Tri MOA reticle. 35 yard minimum parallax distance.

16.2 ounces. Mil TMR reticle. 75 yard minimum parallax distance.

The AR Mod1 is an adjustable objective scopes, not side focus. I cannot find the minimum parallax distance. Let us know if you find that information.

In both cases I wouldn't let the minimum parallax distance deter me. Leupold scopes do not require heat to remove the objective ring nor do they require a special tool to adjust the lens carrier. It also does not void any warrantee with Leupold, but you should confirm that this is still the case. But you'd be giving up infinite focus in both cases.

Love the Mark AR 4-12x40 scopes on my Taipans (y)
Too bad they're out of production but they do pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

Here's a thread from a while back.

Here's an Ebay search. There's a 6-18 on there right now for cheap.

View attachment 351996
Matt - Thank you for all of the information. I did find a 4-12 also Except it’s duplex. I will keep looking. Appreciate your time

It looks like there are two 4-12x40 models still being made.

15.7 ounces. Tri MOA reticle. 35 yard minimum parallax distance.

16.2 ounces. Mil TMR reticle. 75 yard minimum parallax distance.

The AR Mod1 is an adjustable objective scopes, not side focus. I cannot find the minimum parallax distance. Let us know if you find that information.

In both cases I wouldn't let the minimum parallax distance deter me. Leupold scopes do not require heat to remove the objective ring nor do they require a special tool to adjust the lens carrier. It also does not void any warrantee with Leupold, but you should confirm that this is still the case. But you'd be giving up infinite focus in both cases.
Scouty - Great information. Is lowering the parallax a simple task? I have no idea how it’s done.

Scouty - Great information. Is lowering the parallax a simple task? I have no idea how it’s done.

I have done this to one Leupold scope. But it was fixed focus, not adjustable.

Another poster adjusted the near focus distance on the side focus Leupold and his experience was the same as mine as I recall. I will look for that thread.

Reactions: ClarkT