Lightest and heaviest JSB pellets

I was weighing, sorting, sizing, rolling, praying, sprinkling with Holy water, some JSB 25.39 .22 redesigned monsters and thought I would post the lightest and heaviest I found, in the tin I was sorting.
20230502_120303.jpg
20230502_121056.jpg

I have a RTI Prophet Plus and I’m a firm believer there are many factors that may affect the accuracy of a pellet in any gun and you have to determine your combo.
Just like fps affects accuracy, some are sensitive to weight, some head size, some may be more accurate lubed with Pledge while others Naiper.
And someone’s gun/ammo combo has to have all the above AND incense burned while prepping ammo.

I’ve tried weight; no apparent change. I’ve tried different “brands” (we all know JSB makes all of them) different batches, different years, various lubricants. Nada.
Sort by rolling didn’t change anything. Shooting ammo with slightly damaged skirts had negligible affect.
I’ve probably shot more ammo in testing than hunting and competition combined looking for that “magic” pellet.
The one thing in any of this I’ve found has a minor effect is sorting head sizes.
The BIGGEST affect with the GREATEST improvement I’ve found is consistent hold and follow through with the shot.

I have a RTI Prophet Plus and I’m a firm believer there are many factors that may affect the accuracy of a pellet in any gun and you have to determine your combo.
Just like fps affects accuracy, some are sensitive to weight, some head size, some may be more accurate lubed with Pledge while others Naiper.
And someone’s gun/ammo combo has to have all the above AND incense burned while prepping ammo.

I’ve tried weight; no apparent change. I’ve tried different “brands” (we all know JSB makes all of them) different batches, different years, various lubricants. Nada.
Sort by rolling didn’t change anything. Shooting ammo with slightly damaged skirts had negligible affect.
I’ve probably shot more ammo in testing than hunting and competition combined looking for that “magic” pellet.
The one thing in any of this I’ve found has a minor effect is sorting head sizes.
The BIGGEST affect with the GREATEST improvement I’ve found is consistent hold and follow through with the shot.
I can't agree with you more on that last statement. Too many times I have gone chasing something else to blame on my missing, only to come to the real conclusion that it is ME and my lack of follow through when I take a shot.

Of course, there are times when it IS the gun, pellet, etc... but the majority of the time I can trace it back to the nut pulling the trigger. (smile)

Reactions: beerthief
I went through all those drills mentioned above for MRD's (I must admit the Holly water never got to my mind earlier :) ).
No one of the secret sauce worked, but a resizing the pellets show the most promise.
I have seen differences in POI groups sizes between weight sorted and - resized or not resized. I am shooting the MRD's up to 70 meters (actually two distances 50 and 70, have not tried 100 with .22 but .25 only).
I am claiming my positive results on friction consistency between the two materials.
Next time I go to my gunclub later this week I will do my very last test, skip all the sorting and take a batch straight from a tin and resize only, and compare the scores. For now so far this is my strongest bet.
Slug the barrel - with a pellet, and resize to a minimum visible land mark on the head.