• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Light Weight Slug Tuning - Impact MK2 .22 600MM

I've noticed my 600MM .22 MK2 shoots 23 grain NSA slugs quite nice. I'm going to turn this gun into a dedicated "light weight" slug shooter and see how tight I can get it out to 100-150 yards. That said:

What light slugs / velocities have you guys had success with?

Are a slug probe, carbon fiber sleeve worth the investment? Maybe even a tensioned barrel system.

I'd like to get sub-MOA at 100. Would love to hear other experiences.

I've noticed my 600MM .22 MK2 shoots 23 grain NSA slugs quite nice. I'm going to turn this gun into a dedicated "light weight" slug shooter and see how tight I can get it out to 100-150 yards. That said:

What light slugs / velocities have you guys had success with?

Are a slug probe, carbon fiber sleeve worth the investment? Maybe even a tensioned barrel system.

I'd like to get sub-MOA at 100. Would love to hear other experiences.
I'm not to sure about the slug probe cause I don't have one. The carbon liner is great. Especially not messing with the Orings. I pre ordered a barrel tensioner 6 plus months ago and still haven't received it.

Your question could involve an hour discussion on the phone. But the short version to get you pointed in the right direction is this. You don’t need to spend any money on speed gadgets. All your efforts need to focus on keeping the gun consistent. Impacts are harmonic nightmares but the gun needs to be harmonically on point to even come close to being MOA at 100 with slugs. With your goals, you have a lot ahead of you. CF liner tube? Yes, it’s a must and glue it on the liner. But make sure you do it right. Next is making sure your probe is seating the projectile perfectly. Then you make sure your probe is port matched to the transfer port. No pin probe. You don’t need that aggravation for a measly 10fps. The stock FX probe will always seat any projectile perfectly. Now you have to be sure that the internals of your gun are up to the task of a ton of testing. Is everything internally lubed, polished and tight. Remember we need consistency to keep the gun harmonically happy. If your hammer or spring starts riding dry or your C1 starts working loose, there goes your consistency and the tail chasing begins.

Your question could involve an hour discussion on the phone. But the short version to get you pointed in the right direction is this. You don’t need to spend any money on speed gadgets. All your efforts need to focus on keeping the gun consistent. Impacts are harmonic nightmares but the gun needs to be harmonically on point to even come close to being MOA at 100 with slugs. With your goals, you have a lot ahead of you. CF liner tube? Yes, it’s a must and glue it on the liner. But make sure you do it right. Next is making sure your probe is seating the projectile perfectly. Then you make sure your probe is port matched to the transfer port. No pin probe. You don’t need that aggravation for a measly 10fps. The stock FX probe will always seat any projectile perfectly. Now you have to be sure that the internals of your gun are up to the task of a ton of testing. Is everything internally lubed, polished and tight. Remember we need consistency to keep the gun harmonically happy. If your hammer or spring starts riding dry or your C1 starts working loose, there goes your consistency and the tail chasing begins.

Oh man, this make me excited. Sounds like I need to spend some time polishing internals and gluing on a liner tube.

Do you have any video / photo references on port matching the probe & transfer?

I learned a valuable lesson from the first Impact I owned. The last four I bought all have a checklist that must be accomplished before I even shoot them for testing. Even then, as I explore new settings, speeds and projectiles, changes or refinements have to be made. It’s not a rabbit hole with an Impact and bullets. This is you. Enjoy the leap and I hope your wallet is deep. If you just need hunting accuracy out to 50 or so, it’s not a big deal. What you want, it’s a lot more involved.

E226AF1E-0461-4AFF-937F-0A3BDD9507DF.png