LGV, What is all the Fuss About?

I had a beautiful Tx which I put a fair amount of work into. I sold it because I bought an LGV master pro. In fact, when the lgv arrived I pretty much stopped shooting all my rifles. I purchased a 12 fpe rifle which shot beautifully out the box. I didn’t care for the trigger though but I expected that as I have an LGU. Being me though I had to fiddle with it so I dropped in a vortec 12 fpe kit. Made the already amazing rifle just a tad better. I had planned on installing a Rowan trigger. It’s been a few months now and I haven’t installed one. Some how, some way the damn thing worked itself out. I’m no trigger snob, But I do appreciate a good trigger. The rifle has the same stock as my lgu, which to me just feels right. As a bonus, the beech stock my LGV came dressed in is very nice. It shoots at a beautiful 10.49 fpe. Shot 6 shots over the chronograph yesterday. 674 was the low, 678 was the high with JSB 10.3’s. I have a DonnyFL Sumo attached to it, an SWFA SS 16x42 for bling, attached a sling, and now I just can’t put the damn thing down. None of this really matters though if it isn’t accurate. This is at 46 yards. I assure you this isn’t me. This is just an awesome rifle. Period. I don’t know if it’s a one off unicorn that somehow found it’s way to me or what, but to me, this is one of the nicest rifles I have ever had the privilege to shoot. 
4f211a5c622cbd4a7aeb129e09161a52.jpg

Ag5643,

I’m getting a .177 12 ft lb LGV Master Pro from Krale. I had issues with my debit card blocking my purchase last weekend from the Netherlands. I’ve gotten it resolved and will be trying again soon. Krale doesn’t list a .22 but I want a .177.

Thanks for the info, I’m excited. I’m not very experienced with a springer, but I’ll post my thoughts after I get her. The only other springer I have is Diana 34P .177 that I’ll be dropping a Vortek 12 ft lb kit in this week. 

It it will be interesting comparing the two. 

ddc67f6f1163e5e423b2bbc4e78da234.jpg

I have the LGV Competition Ultra in 22 cal. I haven’t done a thing to mine, to me this rifle is extremely accurate and quite. Makes a dull thunk sound. Wonderful shot cycle imo. Ten shots at 30 metres, straight out of the safe, no warm up for me or the rifle. 

Only I bought mine in Australia and it has the 23 joule version spring in it. Good luck.

Reactions: ironlion269
"Ag5643"I had a beautiful Tx which I put a fair amount of work into. I sold it because I bought an LGV master pro. In fact, when the lgv arrived I pretty much stopped shooting all my rifles. I purchased a 12 fpe rifle which shot beautifully out the box. I didn’t care for the trigger though but I expected that as I have an LGU. Being me though I had to fiddle with it so I dropped in a vortec 12 fpe kit. Made the already amazing rifle just a tad better. I had planned on installing a Rowan trigger. It’s been a few months now and I haven’t installed one. Some how, some way the damn thing worked itself out. I’m no trigger snob, But I do appreciate a good trigger. The rifle has the same stock as my lgu, which to me just feels right. As a bonus, the beech stock my LGV came dressed in is very nice. It shoots at a beautiful 10.49 fpe. Shot 6 shots over the chronograph yesterday. 674 was the low, 678 was the high with JSB 10.3’s. I have a DonnyFL Sumo attached to it, an SWFA SS 16x42 for bling, attached a sling, and now I just can’t put the damn thing down. None of this really matters though if it isn’t accurate. This is at 46 yards. I assure you this isn’t me. This is just an awesome rifle. Period. I don’t know if it’s a one off unicorn that somehow found it’s way to me or what, but to me, this is one of the nicest rifles I have ever had the privilege to shoot. 
4f211a5c622cbd4a7aeb129e09161a52.jpg
Man thats nice shooting, I really enjoy seeing groups like that out of springers at distance thanks for posting

Thanks Dave. To kind. Those were shot with the rifle resting on my hand, which was on a Caldwell bag. I started with the bottom target, moved to the middle and got tired of shooting high a few shots in, so I made a full adjustment on the top target. I am positively smitten with this rifle. Just bear in mind tho this is specific to the master pro version. In fact a .22 version may very well be in my future. I have several extraordinary rifles currently, to include my Impact, but I can honestly say, I will give any of them up to keep the LGV. There are no words to express the nostalgia present when shooting a fine break Barrel, let alone one as outstanding as this. 

I believe the LGV & LGU have been discontinued. My LGU cocking lever broke and I sent it back to Umarex for repair. Unfortunately, they told me that this part could not be repaired and scrapped the gun. They offered me a credit for any other gun, but had no LG models to replace it with. So if you want one, you will have to find a used one or there are several on gunbroker. Sad to see them move away from making a quality springer and move to mass producing cheap ones.

I can higly recomend a walther, my lgv master pro in 177 is as accurate as my air arms s510 within 45m wich is the longest i have shot it, i have read that the 22 versions are lower in power than the 177, so it might be a better buy, i made a plastic sleeve for mine, wich made a great gun better, and it likes both webley accupell and Jsb 8.44 and 10.34gr, 
​as you can see, the ultrashock was not god in this gun 
97050d8eb4c7ef5982b140f9014729b3.jpg

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbmTjPI9an0wAKhhAvolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByc3RzMXFjBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1519365475/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3d1JPqfvHBEQc/RK=2/RS=WC2ORNeKZywNlLxsH446BYLVM7I-

intenseaty22 I did some research before buying my lgv last year. I was intending to by the 177 version but after watching this video decided to buy the 22 cal. In this video the 177 was twangy and noisier then the 22 version. As I said before mine makes a dull thunk, very quite. The LGV s come in 16 and 23 joule versions, both 177 and 22. I have the 23 joule version.

Very happy with mine. 

"Windmill01"https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbmTjPI9an0wAKhhAvolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByc3RzMXFjBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1519365475/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3d1JPqfvHBEQc/RK=2/RS=WC2ORNeKZywNlLxsH446BYLVM7I-
intenseaty22 I did some research before buying my lgv last year. I was intending to by the 177 version but after watching this video decided to buy the 22 cal. In this video the 177 was twangy and noisier then the 22 version. As I said before mine makes a dull thunk, very quite. The LGV s come in 16 and 23 joule versions, both 177 and 22. I have the 23 joule version.
Very happy with mine.
Thanks, will check video out in a while. I really favor .22, but it looks like none to be found. Except for the competition ultra model. Any thoughts on that one? It’s a bit more expensive too, but available in .22