• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LGV Trigger

I have a Walther for a few years now, I shoot it very little as I find the trigger way too heavy.

But other than that the rifle is great: it has smoothest shot cycle of any springer I have ever tried and a very solid lockup. And for anyone with neighbors: together with its sibling the LGU it has to be the quietest springers on the market.

Probably just as accurate as my HW97 and 77, but the trigger gets in the way of better results :(.

I have replaced the trigger spring for a lighter one, removed the adjustment screw, stretched the sear spring, cut a little off the spring in the back (what does this thing do anyway? some sort of reset?), installed a Rowan engineering trigger unit and lubricated it al with moly grease.

All of this did make a difference, but it still does not compare to a Record trigger or a Diana T6.

So, do any of you have an idea as the what can be done next?

I don't believe the design will ever let it be a Rekord or T6. But it can be made very close. And I own all 3 trigger types. My LGU and LGV compare favorably with both the Diana and Weihrauch triggers. Not absolutely as good, but very close, and close enough for me. There is a member here who makes his own triggers (E. Pianetti I believe, based in TX) and they are nice. You can order from him, hopefully he will respond here if he is still making them. I ordered a rearset curved blade from him a while back and I believe it is a bit better than the Rowan or my modified stock trigger-and they were both very good.

My LGU with the setback blade I noted has a nice short first stage, a distinct wall, and breaks crisply at around 1lb 2oz now. All contact areas on all trigger elements have been polished and springs modified as needed. I believe it could be taken a few ounces lower but it is totally safe as it currently sits and feels fine to me. I've culled a few squirrels this week that were breaking bird feeders and the safety functions as it should and it will not fire if bumped soundly. Two adequate length adjustment screws are key IMO as the first stage needs to be shortened a lot and that takes the sear much nearer to break, then the second stage can be short and crisp. The setback blade I noted above has 2 points to install the second screw, allowing further fine tuning of the trigger. As stated, it isn't and never will be a Rekord trigger but it's excellent in my view.

I bought my LGV used and I wonder what was done to it if anything. Mine has such a light trigger pull that sometimes I accidentally pull the trigger before I'm done aiming. I bought a RE trigger but haven't bothered to install it because the trigger pull is so light. I'd like to be able to test the trigger pull to see what the weight of pull is. I also plan on buying one of Eric's triggers too at least for comparison and because sometimes you just have to get stuff like this when its available.

I bought my LGV used and I wonder what was done to it if anything. Mine has such a light trigger pull that sometimes I accidentally pull the trigger before I'm done aiming. I bought a RE trigger but haven't bothered to install it because the trigger pull is so light. I'd like to be able to test the trigger pull to see what the weight of pull is. I also plan on buying one of Eric's triggers too at least for comparison and because sometimes you just have to get stuff like this when its available.

What a nice problem to have! Eric's trigger is indeed good, especially the setback as for me it felt I was reaching for the trigger a bit. Taking pull weight up should be easy, even if you need to put in a longer spring.