• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lgv seems a lil slow...

4d6b50ae87885dbb06a35f3bb8e51f1b.jpg

Bought a walther lgv challenger ultra about a month ago and I gotta say the accuracy is outstanding! This is my first springer and after a little sighting in was able to do an 1" group at 50 yards. BUT today was the first day I got to run it over the chrony and the numbers seem a little low. CPHP 14.3s at about 552 fps for about 9.5. I've only shot about 300 or so pellets through it so maybe it's not broken in yet. Just wonderin if anyone else experienced this or did I just get a slowpoke??

It does seem a little slow, but not far off. The U-Tube videos I've watched seem to be in the 580-600 range with that pellet weight.
One video reported this:
583 fps with JSB Jumbo .22, 15.89gr pellet
548 fps with JSB Jumbo Heavy .22, 18.13gr pellet.

I don't have one but have been considering getting one in .177, but I've noticed that most places are out of stock on them. Not sure why.

Which spring does your LGV have? Is it the 16 joule or the 23 joule version. Mine has the 23 joule spring. I don’t have a chronograph at the moment (fell of the bench,bugger) but it compares well to my 50 kilo gas ram which I chronied at 710 fps useing 14.65 pellets. It’s just a guess but I would think mine is pushing out H&N FTT 14.65 around the 620 -650 mark.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, it's much appreciated! It is the 16j/12fpe version just still seemed a little slow at about 9.5fpe. Tried some HN FTT last night and they ran about the same speed as the CPHP although a lot more consistent, both seem to fit pretty tightly into the breech, which seems to be where the slower speeds came from. On the other hand tried some JSBs from their variety sampler pack and I see why people love those pellets! They slid right into the barrel but not too loose and just gave great SDV!! Also the fpe came up to just a hair under 11 fpe. Just gotta figure out what the head sizes are so I can stick with those and test some other brands. Thanks again for any feedback