• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LGU Varmint

bandg I know Jack about these which do you recommend? 
I’ll get now, install in fall, when I have more time.

Just got a red winged black bird with the Varmint.

Thanks Crow

Just knocked a starling off the bird feeder myself with mine. I purchased the set back version for my LGU because I find it easier to shoot more accurately if my finger isn't "reaching" for any trigger and the stock position seemed to "stretch" my finger a bit too much. I purchased a bland darker silver color because I'm not into dressing up my guns. Any of the ones he makes (I believe) will function the same other than personal preferences such as position and color. I haven't seen the current info he may be sending out but ultimately it depends on your hand size and preference for appearance. If you find your trigger finger "extended a bit too much" when shooting, the set back version might be helpful.

Both versions are set back closer to the grip, according to Eric. I was going to order the straight blade. After I re-read the review on Hector's Airgun Blog, I changed my mind and now have a curved one coming. Here is some of the information Eric sent me:

Both triggers are longer and positioned further back for better ergonomics in compared to the OEM. Both style of triggers have about a ¾” first stage range of adjustment which means you can move the first stage quite a bit back. Choosing a style of trigger is a mater of personal preference. Both triggers completely transform your LGU / LGV to a higher level or accuracy and control.

Not sure if you have seen this but there is an article online that talks about the triggers:

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/new-super-custom-trigger-for-the-walther-lgulgv

I hope a lot of folks order triggers from him. BTW. I successfully disassembled and reassembled my trigger clam shell. The trigger guard now installs in the correct orientation and I have my LGU installed in the wood stock I purchased. Scope and scope mount are all that's left-soon!

Brian

Both versions are set back closer to the grip, according to Eric. I was going to order the straight blade. After I re-read the review on Hector's Airgun Blog, I changed my mind and now have a curved one coming. Here is some of the information Eric sent me:

Both triggers are longer and positioned further back for better ergonomics in compared to the OEM. Both style of triggers have about a ¾” first stage range of adjustment which means you can move the first stage quite a bit back. Choosing a style of trigger is a mater of personal preference. Both triggers completely transform your LGU / LGV to a higher level or accuracy and control.

Not sure if you have seen this but there is an article online that talks about the triggers:

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/new-super-custom-trigger-for-the-walther-lgulgv

I hope a lot of folks order triggers from him. BTW. I successfully disassembled and reassembled my trigger clam shell. The trigger guard now installs in the correct orientation and I have my LGU installed in the wood stock I purchased. Scope and scope mount are all that's left-soon!

Brian

When I ordered mine long ago, a set-back version was noted as an option unless I'm remembering poorly. That is possible but I don't think so in this case. One can state that BOTH are "set back in relation to stock", but "set back" was an option to choose when I purchased mine from him so logically one might assume that in HIS triggers, one is more "set back" than the other. Not just in relation "to stock". JMO. I have the CURVED version in my LGU.

I felt that I should upload the pictures below showing the relationship of both custom triggers in compared to the OEM. The black top one is the OEM. The gold in the meddle is the straight one and the red/burgundy is the curved one. Both triggers rest further back than the OEM one. The curved one, the red one in the middle, is 0.12" (3mm) longer as you can see in the picture. Keep in mind that you can always remove the ball register in the straight one which will make it the same as far as how far back it rests. It is my understanding that the LGU Varmint has a trigger guard that is closer to the bottom of the trigger. The trigger fits perfectly in the LGU Master or LGV . I sold a straight trigger to a gentleman in Serbia, Europe and he had to slightly shave the inside of the plastic trigger guard to make it work. I Just wanted to let you know that about the Varmint version. 

Below are his comments:

"...I forgot to mention that in order to fit in varmint stock, you will have to grind the trigger guard a little bit. Trigger is touching insides of the trigger guard and it can be done with sandpaper like remove 1mm. It will not destroy the trigger guard or make it weak just a little bit of sanding… I gave my gun to some club that trains for 10 meter Olympic shooting. I told them to test it as dual stage so that #1 screw gets used a lot. After that they tested it as single stage and one thing they all said is that it's one of the best triggers springer can have. Only few triggers can beat this one and it's those in anschutz, feinwerkbau, walther pcp... pretty much competition pcp rifles but those are different world so not really comparison. They also said that final touches like ball insert is something that helps a lot with consistency. When pro shooters and trainers say something like that, you know it's good…”

Alex from Serbia, Europe

_DSC1409.1619823946.jpg
_DSC1424.1619823947.jpg

As far as what trigger works best for you it is matter of preference. The pictures below show each trigger and typical holding technique. The curved trigger works best if your thumb wraps around the stock and touches with your pointer finger. The straight is best if you use a pistol grip type of hold where your thumb rests in the vertical top position. The Varmint has a pistol handle so it cold work better with the straight trigger. It is a personal thing. 

_DSC1431 2.1619836012.jpg
_DSC1438 2.1619836013.jpg
20200404_200814.1619836014.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,

Eric

Excellent illustration of the actual position of the triggers. Mine was a definite improvement, both in terms of adjustability and position. And unless I'm mistaken, I still see 3 adjustment screws in the triggers, which provide greater range of preferred feel due to the leverage difference between the 2 possible second stage positions. Nice feature. Recommended.