• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leupold VX-Freedom Rifle Scope - 4-12x40mm Question

Not sure what you are asking without knowing what the other Leupold 4-12x is that you are comparing the Tri-MOA VX-Freedom to. 

Leupold offers these models in a 4-12x

Mark AR MOD 1 w/ Adjustable Objective $349

Rifleman $270

VX-Freedom Tri-MOA $349 

VX-R 30mm w/ Firedot Illumination and w or w/o Custom Dial System $649-$699

Leupold has consolidated and revamped some of their scope lines to streamline and compete better. The VX-Freedom is basically the old VX-I with VX-II glass and coatings.

The Rifleman is their entry level budget scope, the VX-Freedom is noticeably better.

https://www.swfa.com/catalogsearch/result/?category=&q=leupold+4-12x 

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes/vx-freedom-4-12x40

It is the same scope, just one place is selling it for less than the other. When I just typed this I realized that you are probably like my mother and do not understand how Amazon works. Not much if anything at all on Amazon is actually sold by Amazon but sold through Amazon so to speak. Its kinda like eBay but not like eBay.

I copied this from the Interwebs.

Order Fulfillment

Once a customer submits his order, Amazon's impressive backend system starts working. Orders from third-party sellers are routed to Amazon, which takes a cut of those sales. However, most orders go through Amazon's warehouses, which are spread out across the world. These are stocked based on algorithms that predict the types and number of products being ordered in that region.

It is the same scope, just one place is selling it for less than the other. When I just typed this I realized that you are probably like my mother and do not understand how Amazon works. Not much if anything at all on Amazon is actually sold by Amazon but sold through Amazon so to speak. Its kinda like eBay but not like eBay.

I copied this from the Interwebs.

Order Fulfillment

Once a customer submits his order, Amazon's impressive backend system starts working. Orders from third-party sellers are routed to Amazon, which takes a cut of those sales. However, most orders go through Amazon's warehouses, which are spread out across the world. These are stocked based on algorithms that predict the types and number of products being ordered in that region.

I would compare Amazon to the all-online version of Walmart. They use similar 30-day consignment processes for their sales in their DC's and stores. Neither of them wants to warehouse something more than 30 days before selling it. But I digress...