Leupold vs others

Anyone have switched from Leupold to other brand ? Or is using Leupold and other ( need same base of comparision)

I have Freedom 2-7 and Mark3 4-12 and glass is excellent on both scopes

I also have Diamondback and its not even close, couple pf LVPOs that dont help me because of magnification and couple of low end scopes that arent even worth mentioning.

So basic my experience on low end leupold, what are my choices with similar glass quality, light weight and same price tag 300-500 (no illumination)

Im looking for glass .25 PCP small game/plinking

Thank You

I love Leupold scopes. The Burris and Sightron middle to the upper line is another reference point for me.
Also the same for Nikon,actually there are others with good glass, problem is many are on the heavy side.
Remember to look for a "fully- multi-coated lens"...the coating is where some of the expense is,the better coating the more the light passes through.
I would stick with what you know, forget those heavy,big scopes.keep it simple and remember Leupold's resell value is the best.
Oh I just ordered a Barros scope from Optic Planet, good price and review,check them out,also Discovery and Westhunter....I think all of them are from the same Chinese plant.....
For the money my Burris are hard to beat,I will say without AO they can to be a little fuzzy until you are out to 30 yds .....so I would be looking for an AO adjustment if you intent to shoot 25 yards or less.....

I like my Leupold's for their small footprint and clean build quality...not to mention the warranty. I've also had the Mark 3HD 4-12 and while it had very good glass...it didn't suit my air rifle needs so well. The parallax adjustment range wasn't very wide and it had poor fov. For a step up in performance and value might I suggest Meopta? They also have a lifetime warranty although I doubt the service can match Leupold's. I've consistently found their offerings to outperform Leupold's at the same price point. Especially the Optika5's...just great glass for the money.

Reactions: boscoebrea
Try one of the Blue ringed scopes
I would agree and recommend the Meopta Optika5 scopes. They seem very similar to Leopold’s scopes other than the weight as most the optikas start in the 20 ounce range and go up from there.
Similar to Leopold as they and Meopta have more hunter friendly scopes with the duplex type recitles and capped turrets. Not to say they both dont offer other options its just seem the bulk of their lineups tend to be that way and thats fine.
I really like my optika 5’s almost more that my 6’s due to the size difference, they balance better on most of my pcp’s.
Don’t tell your friends though as if I ever need/want another one I don’t want it to be out of stock.

I have a handful of 6-20 EFR Leupolds. I think they are vert nice. I prefer the 1/2 MOA dot for silhouette, but the custom shop does not install them currently. I just bought two 6-20 EFR with the new diamond reticle, that took the place of the dot. It is way too small for my taste, and i already sold one.
I also have the Meopta 5, in 4-20x50mm with a MOA2 reticle. I think it is very close in quality, and I prefer it to the new Leupold diamond. With the Meopta, I have a tougher time getting a good eye relief. I think the eye box is smaller. Anyway I think the Meopta 5 is a great scope, and a lot less expensive than the Leupold.