Leupold tracker hd 2 for mice?

I have two, the old and new version. They will pick up the heat signature from you spitting on the sidewalk in the summer, and the heat from where you were standing in the winter. They are pretty badass really, except for the fact that they are not recoil rated that is. So you can't mount them on anything that powerful or jumpy like a Springer. I drive down the road with it to "spot" deer at night. In mid to late summer you can see the buck's antlers because they are full of blood. Going in and out of the stand is one of it's biggest features so you're not spooking game, and to see if there's any predators stalking you as well.

Well I got the approval to get one if it could pickup mice for around the house and farm for April, but I wanted to see if they really would work cause I like toys as much as the next guy, but I hate spending money on something that has no real use.

so that’s good to hear it really works, do these have any other uses like finding air leaks in a home, etc.

I use it for all kinds of stuff like that. I heated the inside of a stud wall the other day so I could see the heat signature outside for drilling and installing new furnace vents on my old house. You could probably use it to see how much corn is in the silo, or anything of that nature that gives off a difference in heat to the surrounding area.

So if it’s a delicate item that can’t handle gun recoil is it a bad idea to order one off Amazon, are there better prices?

I don't know what you mean by "delicate" as it was made to be used as a handheld device, not an attachment to the gun. I got mine off of MidwayUSA, and eBay. Leupold does have a manufacturing warranty too, so I wouldn't be afraid to get one online from any of the major retailer's.

I just have a light so was looking for it to help in locating animals before I turn my light on plus it seemed could use it for other things as well. Like locating downed deer blood trails, maybe even as a stud finder air leak finding tool. I know it wouldn’t work for shooting, just was wondering how tough they were to ship cause the mailman can be a bit rough