• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leupold scope on the HW95K

I have the option for a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm. Now, I know Leupold has a VX-2 Rimfire 33mm version which is perfect for airguns too, but I like the 40mm objective and get it at a very good price. My question is simply: One difference is the 3-9X40 parallax is adjusted to 100y or beyond. Will this be any problem if you keep the power at 3-4X?

for reference, I have a Leupold Rifleman 4-12 40mm on my bench that I wasn't using. I thought I would shorten the parallax and maybe use it for trying out rifles before I settle on a scope for them. I readjusted the parallax for 50 yards and it is acceptable to me to about 20. Inside of that it is not good. The closer you adjust these fixed parallax scopes the narrower their useful range becomes.

<< The closer you adjust these fixed parallax scopes the narrower their useful range becomes.>>

That's essential information!
So, in your case the scope would be optimal at 50Y +/- 30Y? I'm not sure at what setting the standard VX-1 2-7X33 comes. I have read 75y one place. If so, i could expect a good function down to 40Y maybe? Well.. optimistically I could say that is just within the range I use my airgun. I seldom shoot at targets below 30-35Y.