Leupold blowout sale

But do they focus down to 20~ yards ?

Here's a crappy hand-held cell phone pic (NOT scope cam) thru my personal Mark AR 4-12.

Laser measured 17 yards. The reticle looks a little fuzzy in this pic but to the eye it is razor crisp.

Clarity starts to suffer down below 15 yards but I could easily vaporize a rat's eyeball at that distance :)

From 17 yards on out it's money.

I will get you some numbers on my 6-18 tomorrow. I've only had it a couple weeks.

Matt

Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 4-12 x 40. Mag set at 12X. Distance 17 yards.

?2

Matt, how fine are the mill dots? As to the pictures they appear to be overwhelmingly thick, but can't pass judgement from a picture. 

Cheers

I think you're referring of this picture.

I don't know why Leupold uses this animated cartoon image to represent their reticle.

The reticle is not thick at all :)

Matt

leu115392-r.jpg

Doesn't seem like an ideal scope for airgun use to me.

BigBoat,

These are awesome PCP scopes.

Here's where my 4-12 lives. On top of a .25 shorty.

Nice and light at 15 1/2 ounces :)

Matt,

That scope ticked all the boxes (especially the light weight) except for the parallax. I was ready to purchased the 6-18 until I saw that. That 6-18, with the Leupold EFR would be perfect in my opinion.

Wow! That is a good price. I ordered a couple 6-18 from "Midway" on Saturday because I thought that was a good price. I will return those and buy them from SWFA and save an additional $120. Thanks for the heads up

I have replaced two scopes with 4-12's on a couple PCP's that I shoot out to 50 yards with. The two 6-18's will go on my RAW 30 cal and 357 Slayer when that arrives.

Being fed up with the so called "Air Gun scopes" I did an extensive search for a good optic for my guns, looked at a lot of them and stumbled across the Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 . It appears to me, the side focus scopes in the big name air gun scopes costing $400-500 have trouble obtaining a clear focus especially when shooting at paper when I can really see the difference. The Leupolds will obtain a clear sharp focus down to 20 yards, are so much better! And they are light weight and not bulky compared to the big target scopes. Some will argue about the convenience of having the parallax adjustment on the side and I agree with that IF they focus properly. IMHO the objective end parallax adjustment functions better than the side focus for that price range.The warranty is another plus too being a Leupold. The main tube are one inch and adjustments are in mils instead of moa.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the the high end target scopes such as NightForce, US Optics, and high end Leupold's for center fire's because I own them. Don't want to sound like a "snob" here but those high dollar scopes I am accustomed to are in whole other league compared to air gun scopes. The Mark AR Mod is pretty damn good for the money, even if I had to pay full price.

Thanks for the link! Which mounts did you get for the Taipan? It has a weaver rail, correct?

NP, Mackie!

Correct. Weaver rail. Hawke Match Ring Mounts. 1" - high

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/match-mount-1-2-piece-weaver-high.html

I have 2 of the 4-12x40 Mark AR MOD 1 scopes. They weigh 15 1/2 oz and focus down to 17 yards at 12x and 10 yards at 6x.

Had a 6-18 but returned it for the 2nd 4-12.

I just love 4-12 scopes. They are the perfect combination of size, weight and magnification for me.

Matt