Let's talk Lasers, (not that kind), CNC Lasers that burn & cut. Lightbridge?

save.1631810825.JPG

Hey guys. I just got a machine that will burn images into a poster size piece of wood or cut up to 1/2 inch plywood with a laser.

I don't know much about these as far as software. My machine can use a few different software options to make files to send to the laser for cutting, burning, etc. One I have identified is called Lightbridge. That's the one I'm going to try and use. 

Anyone use this or already do laser stuff? I'm just wondering how I would design a file. Let's say I wanted to burn an image of an M3 with flowers behind it and also a smiling bear poking out behind it. Can I just make a JPEG with that image and then send it through lightbridge...then done? 

Also, if I wanted to laser cut some circles into plywood to make a Pellet Tin rack...do I make a "D file" ? like with a CNC router? I will have to figure this out on my own, but in case someone already knows, I thought I would ask. 

I'm planning to try and make some cool pellet racks, and also some airgun related art. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to turn pictures into laser burned wood creations. Once I figure out that, I would like to hear some cool ideas for either laser cut builds for use with airguns, or ideas for laser prints or posters. Examples below. If anyone wants to get one of these $555 machines just PM me. I can tell you where to order one. 

Happy shooting!

il_1588xN.1803060758_9j4h.1631810957.jpg

eoxl2vgo.1631810971.jpg

Engraving-2.1631810995.png

definitely not an 80w laser. Like the previous Ortur models its listed by input power so output is most likely about 4w. the program youre thinking of is LightBurn and yes you can burn the jpg image but it would need to be converted in lightburn first. I have 2 laser CNC machines and the lightburn forums are very informative, also tons of youtube vids that are far more informative than youd think. youd be surprised how many times any ideas you like to do have already been done with "How-to's" posted, you can include Ortur Lasermaster units in your search as well as they basically the same units (Prior Orturs Upgrades)