AirMaks Arms Let's talk Katran

I have a Katran L and I just can't believe how good a rifle it is. It is as consistent as any rifle I've ever owned. It can easily keep ES below 10fps at a 900+fps avg over a full string, in .177. It is accurate beyond most shooters capability. It's just one of the best airguns I've ever owned, bar none. The build quality on mine is exceptional. I would rate the Katran build right up there with Daystate/Brocock, if not above them. It is that precise. But they still don't seem all that popular. Mine has the longer, (but by no means, the longest) barrel, but is still manageable. There are I believe two shorter and two longer. I'd love to have the next shorter version and Lord willing will find a deal on one soon, but I was just wondering the reason for their virtual lack of popularity.
I had never heard of Airmaks when I was looking for a new rifle a while back, and when I perused UA's used section, I found this one. IIRC, it had been taken straight out of their store, used in a match, to promote Airmaks and to see what a box stock rifle could do, and impressed everyone who saw it shoot, and handled it. Then put for sale in the used gun section, where I bought it. I can attest to UA's handling of used guns, it is as new for sure.
Anyway, let's hear from Airmaks owners and see some pics.

20230926_112345-scaled.jpg

I bought a used .25 LB from another member here. It is an excellent rifle to handle and shoot. Butter smooth action and trigger. Light weight. Loves JSB Heavy MkII's! Has the early version of folding stock w/o integrated mag holders and a very slight amount of play at the hinge. I like the 14 shots available from mags, also. I'm thinking of snagging a compact version......someday.

I bought a used .25 LB from another member here. It is an excellent rifle to handle and shoot. Butter smooth action and trigger. Light weight. Loves JSB Heavy MkII's! Has the early version of folding stock w/o integrated mag holders and a very slight amount of play at the hinge. I like the 14 shots available from mags, also. I'm thinking of snagging a compact version......someday.
I saw in a review that if you loosen the hinge screw slightly it will fix the wobble making it very solid. It was opined by the reviewer that later versions got fixed being very solid I guess.