Crosman Let's show off our Crosman pistol builds!

Some beautiful builds here.
On the bottom is an older 1740 build, using DAQ breech, DAQ bulk adapter and SSP250 barrel, when I was cutting my pcp teeth. Tuned for 10gr pellets at 600fps.
On top - 2400 tube converted to pcp. Shortened Baker lefty breech. 10” LW Barrel. RB grips. Prod trigger, end cap, and hammer. 1701 front site. My valve mods, getting 38 shots at 450fps. I know I coulda just bought a 1701, but why?
In the middle a DAQ 25 cal in progress.

View attachment 427589
Those are some nice builds ! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Bandito
The pcp co2 and pumper hanging out.
1000002159.jpg

I would show you mine but it’s a total piece of crap. I bought it brand new from the crosman custom shop. About the same time I bought my first box of co2 canisters it started leaking all of the gas out after one shot. After putting it aside for a couple of years I just sent it out to a Crosman repair shop. I got the gun back and it worked so nice that I was going to get custom grips. Then I installed the third co2 cartridge and the same thing happened all over again. It is a 2300S, I never over tighten it. I always use Pellgun oil. I don’t think it’s worth the trouble to fix it again. I guess if all your going to do is look at them, or if you are a gunsmith with thirty years experience then they are fine, but I would never waste any money on a Crosman product again. Thanks all for letting me vent.

I would show you mine but it’s a total piece of crap. I bought it brand new from the crosman custom shop. About the same time I bought my first box of co2 canisters it started leaking all of the gas out after one shot. After putting it aside for a couple of years I just sent it out to a Crosman repair shop. I got the gun back and it worked so nice that I was going to get custom grips. Then I installed the third co2 cartridge and the same thing happened all over again. It is a 2300S, I never over tighten it. I always use Pellgun oil. I don’t think it’s worth the trouble to fix it again. I guess if all your going to do is look at them, or if you are a gunsmith with thirty years experience then they are fine, but I would never waste any money on a Crosman product again. Thanks all for letting me vent.
Crazy. I've owned probably 70 guns from the same platform and have never had a leak on any of them, ever. Never had a single customer report a leak, ever. I have one sitting right next to me that's had the same cartridge in it for 8-9 months and it will shoot right now.

There's one cart to valve seal, one valve joining seal and one poppet seal. These are the only 3 seals that could leak co2. One of those is bad.

I get where you're coming from though. One bad experience can ruin a relationship with any manufacturer.

Pm me if you want to sell it.

Had forgot about this one ... 1701 tube with a shorty bottle in reverse direction using a 16" .22 cal barrel.
Uses a ninja reg and entire air tube is the plenum.

View attachment 434235
Hey bud. If you have a minute go on over to this thread and give me a smackdown, lol. I'm sure the others would appreciate your input and expertise.

I know I posted this 2289 before, but it's more done than it was before, and needs piston cup shims and will get around to it.
Went from
10 inch .177 (previous builder converted to a LW) to a cut down 14 inch barrel to 12 inch .22
Transfer port barrel port to .157
Angle port valve and opened rear passage arround the poppet to increase flow and increase volume.
Polished the hammer.
Last pistol I built like this with a10 inch barrel did 501fps with 15.49's @12 pumps and could do 556fps with 15.49@16 pumps.
This one has 2 inches and a solid piston with felt wiper over the last build. Idea behind this build was longevity, reliability And just a nice build.
1000002792.jpg
1000002782.jpg
1000002779.jpg
1000002777.jpg
1000002768.jpg

1000002794.jpg
1000002771.jpg

I know I posted this 2289 before, but it's more done than it was before, and needs piston cup shims and will get around to it.
Went from
10 inch .177 (previous builder converted to a LW) to a cut down 14 inch barrel to 12 inch .22
Transfer port barrel port to .157
Angle port valve and opened rear passage arround the poppet to increase flow and increase volume.
Polished the hammer.
Last pistol I built like this with a10 inch barrel did 501fps with 15.49's @12 pumps and could do 556fps with 15.49@16 pumps.
This one has 2 inches and a solid piston with felt wiper over the last build. Idea behind this build was longevity, reliability And just a nice build.
View attachment 444447View attachment 444448View attachment 444449View attachment 444450View attachment 444451

View attachment 444456View attachment 444464
About the brass valve body ... is the modified body the top pic of the two?

Yes, I read it before in a 392 mod forum where the moder made over 900fps. It increases the volume in the rear and the stored energy (HPA) is near the transfer port making more high pressure air more readily available leading to a faster transfer to the barrel or so the theory goes. My 1477 makes over 1000fps with that mod.