lets shoot at night

I've got a few night setups.

The backyard range with a couple of nice 24x36 softbox hotlights that I use for photography works great for paper punching.

For most of my night shooting I use a helmet mounted PVS-14 and an RDS on a pistol, or pistol-ish setup, (anything from a SBR down to my Leshiy's)

Though, I did just build this super cheap and fun 'buddy rifle' for fixed position night hunting.

For $1000, this is hard to beat. (BTW, I don't suck this badly at shooting, but trying to operate a lever action rifle, while aiming through a NVG optic, using your cellphone and actually working off the screen of that is a bit much, LOL...)

nothing fancy but it sure is nice when its -10 outside and able to shoot for a while got electric heater that will get 55-60 when its id say 10 above if i hook up the second heater i can shoot to say -10 gotta get out of the house shoot some for sure
View attachment 295960
Looks great! You could get some R-13 faced fiberglass insulation for the walls and roof joists. One heater would walk away with it and you'd get room temp in there. The ceiling batts would hide your quite appropriate ceiling decor however.. Regards.

It's always fun to take a few shots off of my rear deck at night. The area is actually brighter than the photo shows.

16654474148771032376384.jpg

Reactions: pdxFrank
Looks great! You could get some R-13 faced fiberglass insulation for the walls and roof joists. One heater would walk away with it and you'd get room temp in there. The ceiling batts would hide your quite appropriate ceiling decor however.. Regards.
yeas i got some r-13 bats of stuff just havnt done it as its not bad actually plus no drwall and really didnt want any wind to really get any fiberglass blowing around as i wont drywall it, so its like it will stay, maybe one day use some pine wood on the cieling 1x6 would be nice few emty tins of pellets take down to do it, just happy i got all my windows in
QMWD4947.JPG

Reactions: beerthief
yeas i got some r-13 bats of stuff just havnt done it as its not bad actually plus no drwall and really didnt want any wind to really get any fiberglass blowing around as i wont drywall it, so its like it will stay, maybe one day use some pine wood on the cieling 1x6 would be nice few emty tins of pellets take down to do it, just happy i got all my windows in View attachment 296744
lets see what you say on Jan 14 2023 ? just teasing i used to live in Oak Park .

Reactions: douger
oh good grief snowflake, i was just breakin' your balls. i even Liked your post and threw in a wink to make that clearer. not enough apparently.

carry on with your self-absorbed ego, i won't bother you again.
we REDNECKs built this country,,, ya best learn why we'uns is called rednecks,,, history
frankie,,, y always are you breakin people's balls? you have a negative on most posts,, if you like cheap springers, more power to ya, if someone like me prefers PCP , that is ok also,, lets have fun on this web AIRGUN NATION and leave the ball bustin to some other web blog please

douger,,, cool shootin shack :cool: now where did I leave my red bandana

we REDNECKs built this country,,, ya best learn why we'uns is called rednecks,,, history
rednecks of yesteryear isn't the same as rednecks of today, so don't "we" built this country, 'cause you sure didn't. fact.

i'm into cheap springers 'cause i put the big money into more important things in life.

like ham radio! lol
flex6700inuse (2022_05_14 10_59_25 UTC).PNG
(one radio which i'd wager is worth more than most people's entire airgun collection.)

besides, if i'm gonna spend more than about $500, i'd get a real gun.
vanguardweatherby257_004.JPG AR15_300blackout_ravcon2017b.JPGberettanano2017ravconpics001.JPG
DSC_0201.JPGfranksavagearms22LR2016a.JPGk2nccp226001.jpg
vanguard257rifle2016e.JPGfranksig226galcoinsidebeltholster002.JPGTanfoglioWitnessPMatch45ACPpistol.jpg
savagearms22lrtargetrifle2017b.JPGfranksammonov2016a.JPGfrankEDC2017dec.JPG

Picture2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm into cheap springers 'cause i put the big money into more important things in life.

like ham radio! lol
flex6700inuse (2022_05_14 10_59_25 UTC).PNG
(one radio which i'd wager is worth more than most people's entire airgun collection.)
Flex 6700 about $7,000-$8,000. My airguns are definetly < $7,000-$8,000. I reckon quite a few on here have an airgun collection worth more. Never had any interest in SDR's. I started on my dad's Collins S-line in the 80's and have always liked physical knobs on my rigs. 73 Badger

Flex 6700 about $7,000-$8,000. My airguns are definetly < $7,000-$8,000. I reckon quite a few on here have an airgun collection worth more. Never had any interest in SDR's. I started on my dad's Collins S-line in the 80's and have always liked physical knobs on my rigs. 73 Badger
Also factor in the value of compressors and tanks...

Reactions: pdxFrank