• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Let's see your most obscure target

So, you are going to shoot 0.177 to 200 Meters? You showed that you are shooting slugs. Just wondering, what weight, velocity, etc. are you shooting to get that far?
I shot my own 16 gn slugs out to 190 meters so far :) Swaged using a die set from GMI and I shot them out of my Daystate Red Wolf .177 HP at 1020 FPS.

I shot my own 16 gn slugs out to 190 meters so far :) Swaged using a die set from GMI and I shot them out of my Daystate Red Wolf .177 HP at 1020 FPS.
According to my calculations 🤓, that is just shy of 37FPE, which is a heck of a lot for a 0.177! Nice! I posted this thread a few months ago about going through trans-sonic range with a Diabolo, but slugs typically have a higher BC. I'm interested if you have calculated the BC for your slugs? It must be pretty high to make it to 190 meters, and be able to hit something. If you haven't calculated BC yet, I have proven that you can move your Fx Chronograph to just before the target to get the final velocity.

Anyway, you are already doing something that I was interested in, so perhaps this should be a separate thread, but I'm still interested in hearing what you have to say. Thanks for the info @SorenDrost !

Reactions: SorenDrost
20220121_113519.jpg

The fat starling next to the one named Karen.