Let's see your most obscure target

I saw a dinky little break in the trees behind my office yesterday, so I put a 12" gong out there. Here is where it is:
GongWaaayOutThere_2023-02-14.jpg

This is as far out as I can go and still have the mountain as a backstop. I have no idea how far that is, but my parallax got really clear just under 100 yards, so maybe 95ish?

This is my most difficult target to see/notice, but once you know it is there, it is pretty easy to hit. Actually it is too easy to hit, so I will probably put a 4" or smaller gong over there.

So, I've got about a 1 foot opening in the trees that will get me out to just about 100 yards. What do you guys have to go through to "reach out" as far as you can?

orange target spinners are 1/2 inch to 1.25 inch have to look close to see,
Whoa!!! You aren't kidding!! Those are so obscure, they are almost camo with the fall leaves. I had to copy the pic and put it in Paint so I could zoom in enough to see them.

far is 40 yards
Is the far one the spinner on the post?

The white shows up pretty good...not in the snow. Maybe Yellow, Blue or Pink may bring them out...if you want them to be easier to see :unsure:

Some times when it is time to change targets, but i am not yet up for the 75 - 100 M walk, well i might start to shoot at individual blades of grass up there.
Haven't felled one yet but often jiggle them.

Also have a very old grandmother washing machine up there, at one end it have 1" holes, and those i have sent a few slugs thru over time.

Reactions: SorenDrost
@crowski I would freeze to death on your range and love every minute of it!! That is gorgeous!!
or you could take a bath in deep woods OFF and go in the summer
Whoa!!! You aren't kidding!! Those are so obscure, they are almost camo with the fall leaves. I had to copy the pic and put it in Paint so I could zoom in enough to see them.

Is the far one the spinner on the post?

The white shows up pretty good...not in the snow. Maybe Yellow, Blue or Pink may bring them out...if you want them to be easier to see :unsure:
all on posts , far is against the tree with one spinner in white . i am putting FT targets(11)
IMG_1296 (2).jpg
along the red line

I found out the old "washing machine" i am shooting at, well in English its called a wash copper.
Its a model exactly like this one.
iu

Pretty much clothe washing in hot water, the old by hand way, though of course in the 50 or 60ties this got mechanized, so no more manual stirring a big tub with hot water and clothes and suds in it.

AKA a grandma / great grandma thing.