• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Let's see your Hw100!

You forgot to ask which, HW100 version !
I'm guessing that you have a...longer...one?

Here's one of mine -
1704247801250.jpeg

Mike

Toss of the coin.
Some live years, some live 6 months.

The other day I got a rifle (BSA) out that I hadn't shot in some time. Still had about 175 bar indicated on the gauge. The first shot went off fine (by the sound) but also produced a leak ! From the sound it's somewhere in the receiver. It leaked until empty.
You just...never know.

Mike

Picked this one up a couple months back!
Now that deer season is over I hope to get it out soon after some tree rats. I bumped the power slightly from factory setting by hammer spring adjustment to about 25fpe in .22
She's a tack drivin machine with several different pellets. Gonna order the front stock stud from Rowen engineering so I can add a sling for hunting!
IMG_20231122_140642__01.jpg

Toss of the coin.

The other day I got a rifle (BSA) out that I hadn't shot in some time. Still had about 175 bar indicated on the gauge. The first shot went off fine (by the sound) but also produced a leak ! From the sound it's somewhere in the receiver. It leaked until empty.
You just...never know.

Mike
Oh man that stinks but good thing I'm maintance/ tool & die career man.

Reactions: Rich_B
dont worry, they are fine airguns.....better than most made these days.
accuracy is awesome with mine using 10.34gr jsb out to 50yrds.
im sure it could go over that but why risk an animals life just to feed your gut !!
i like ethical kills, or i will not take the shot.
slugs are not the answer with my gun.
BTW, the fricassee i put on couple weeks back was a surrounding neighboring success.... 🧑‍🌾

Last edited:
IMG_6243.jpg

Not that they need it perse but changed quite some bits on mine: Huma-Air Regulator, 250 bar titanium cylinder, new hammer / valve springs and hammer shuttle, rebuild regulator chamber Insert sleeve, fast flow exhaust valve, Rowan Engineering floating barrel band, Rowan Engineering adjustable trigger blade, Rowan Engineering gauge cover, Eagle Vision pic rails, spacer to protect cylinder valve and a Cratfsman Vit stock… Went from a 600mm to a 410mm barrel… polished, loosened choke, re-crowned… Most bits done to get better air efficiency, loose weight, better ergonomics. The RE trigger blade was a game changer. .22 and loves 15.89gr JSBs and 21gr .217 H&N slugs.

Toss of the coin.

You just...never know.

Mike
Is it an SE model? They're easy to fix. Daunting to take apart the first time since they put them together to basically hide every single screw under another part with screws. Probably needs a good lube on the valve seat after sitting that long and from what you described.

Reactions: addison
Toss of the coin.

You just...never know.

Mike
Oh man that stinks but good thing I'm maintance/ tool & die career man.
View attachment 421829

Not that they need it perse but changed quite some bits on mine: Huma-Air Regulator, 250 bar titanium cylinder, new hammer / valve springs and hammer shuttle, rebuild regulator chamber Insert sleeve, fast flow exhaust valve, Rowan Engineering floating barrel band, Rowan Engineering adjustable trigger blade, Rowan Engineering gauge cover, Eagle Vision pic rails, spacer to protect cylinder valve and a Cratfsman Vit stock… Went from a 600mm to a 410mm barrel… polished, loosened choke, re-crowned… Most bits done to get better air efficiency, loose weight, better ergonomics. The RE trigger blade was a game changer. .22 and loves 15.89gr JSBs and 21gr .217 H&N slugs.
Oh man I wouldn't know where to order half of those mods being in the USA. There doesn't seem to be that much support here that I've found!

Reactions: oOmpH
View attachment 421829

Gorgeous stock and awesome mods/upgrades!

Reactions: oOmpH and addison
Oh man I wouldn't know where to order half of those mods being in the USA. There doesn't seem to be that much support here that I've found!

Apart from the stock, which comes from Ukraine, all parts come from UK either HW100Tuning or Rowan Engineering. If you write them they can do FedEx for overseas which is pretty quick. Having said that, the HW100 is a mighty fine shooter out of the box and doesn't need to be tinkered with. Mainly did it bc i can't get along with the standard stock too well, to have more shots and shave some weight of the rifle. They are awesome as they come.

If one thing, get the adjustable trigger blade. Thats the one thing i never understood with the HW100. All metal , beautiful engineered and then they fit a plastic blade....

Last edited:
Apart from the stock, which comes from Ukraine, all parts come from UK either HW100Tuning or Rowan Engineering. If you write them they can do FedEx for overseas which is pretty quick. Having said that, the HW100 is a mighty fine shooter out of the box and doesn't need to be tinkered with. Mainly did it bc i can't get along with the standard stock too well, to have more shots and shave some weight of the rifle. They are awesome as they come.

If one thing, get the adjustable trigger blade. Thats the one thing i never understood with the HW100. All metal , beautiful engineered and then they fit a plastic blade....
Now that I'm home and have pulled the gun out of the case I can see where you'd want to shave weight because she is well built and hefty feel in the hands unlike other airguns I've had! I will shoot in the morning to delegate my decision on thumbs up or down on accuracy department for the platform. As of now brocock airguns have a sweet spot in my line up!

Now that I'm home and have pulled the gun out of the case I can see where you'd want to shave weight because she is well built and hefty feel in the hands unlike other airguns I've had! I will shoot in the morning to delegate my decision on thumbs up or down on accuracy department for the platform. As of now brocock airguns have a sweet spot in my line up!
Accuracy is so rifle/barrel specific, I don't believe you can make a valid judgment regarding a brand when it comes to accuracy. I've owned both, and although Brocock is a quality rifle, IMO the Weihrauch is the clear winner in build quality and materials. I place a lot of importance on trigger quality. Although the Brocock is quite serviceable, it is poor in comparison to the HW100, a true two-stage and fully adjustable trigger. Speaking of which, the HW100 trigger has an adjustment for second stage sear engagement, but it is not disclosed in the manual, probably for safety considerations. It is accessed from the bottom, through the trigger plate. Mine was delivered with a bit of creep, which was easily adjusted out. I've done nothing to my HW100 except tune it up and down for power. It is a .177, and I currently have it tuned a little under 12 fpe. At that level, it has a great shot count, and adequate power for short range and back yard shooting, and is virtually silent.

Let us know how you get along!

Reactions: addison
So far this is a high quality build from what I've seen with shooting! Took me maybe 7 shots to zero at 40yards! The loading and cocking lever are the smoothest I've felt today! I've had a redwolf and still the hw100 is butter smooth feeling! Super impressed with the hold in the shoulder and the cheek to scope sight ratio was easy to setup. Only complaint is weight but easily forgotten once shouldering the platform. Overall the gun gets a nod for quality engineering and I'd have another if opportunity presented its self!

20240104_135817_HDR.jpg

20240104_135752.jpg